kids Club info NCL

BCCRUSINGCOUPLE

Our 3.5 year old loved the kids club on NCL.  They did face painting, performed in a  circus show on the main stage and we had to drag him out of there at closing time every day.  The only bad thing is that the kids club closes for two hours each afternoon and evening for lunch and dinner on sea days.  This should be fine for a 7 year old, but parents of younger kids may struggle if their children still nap.  The clubs are closed from 12-2 and 5-7, and unfortunately my son napped from 2-4.   We haven't been able to take a cruise on NCL from our homeport of NYC, since my son would just be mad that the kids clubs are closed for most of the time he is awake in the afternoon.  Since there were very few sea days on a Baltic cruise, we were able to take a NCL cruise on that route.  Please be aware of the fact that there were long lines to sign the children in at 2 pm and 5 pm when the clubs reopen, the kids pools tend to be crowded during the closure, and the baby play room was overrun with big kids for the 10 minutes prior to the kids club reopening since the big kids saw the baby toys while waiting in line and would wander in there instead of standing on line to wait for the NCL kids club to open.

I think he will. We were just on Jade and Getaway, and our friends' kids loved it. They cruise a lot and always do kid's club.

My 7 yo tried it out for 2 hours, loved it, but didn't go back. He's been cruising since he was 3 and never does kid's club, so we weren't surprised that he didn't want to go back. Most importantly, he really-really loved it for the 2 hours he was there. They did physical games on the basketball court at the time. This was on Jade.

Getaway had the same schedule and program as Jade. Getaway also had a ton of family activities that we could do with DS, so he wouldn't have had any time for kid's club anyway. We did the ropes course and rock climbing, and DS also did water slides, Spider net and Bounce (the trampoline) pretty much all the time they were open. HE LOVED all the activities.

I was on the Bliss in December. Here are all of the Kids' Club schedules. All of the ships have somewhat similar schedule of activities. My five year old niece loves it but she has been cruising since she was three and is an only child. She is in kindergarten so she likes making new friends.

img-181226144526.pdf

16 hours ago, PrincessEsq said:

I was on the Bliss in December. Here are all of the Kids' Club schedules. All of the ships have somewhat similar schedule of activities. My five year old niece loves it but she has been cruising since she was three and is an only child. She is in kindergarten so she likes making new friends.

img-181226144526.pdf

Did you do the portmeal drop off? We will have a 7yo, 9yo and 10yo so looks like they will be split. 9yo previously went to port meals with the teachers, wondering if they will put the 10 yo with them to eat bc right after is the freestyle play.  It’s the 10yo first cruise.

We just got off the Getaway with our 3 yr. old grandson. He went to the kids club the first night and loved it and was there just over an hour and half. Next morning we took him to the kids club and left him there until they closed for lunch. When we picked him up he was crying and the girl told us he had been crying on and off and they were calling our rooms to come get him but off course we were on the pool deck.

We tried to take him back to the kids club but he didn’t want to go.  He wanted to spend all day at the kids water park. Not sure why he didn’t want to go to the kids club as he is used to playing with other children as he goes to day care and kids play  day club and is involved in many recreational sports.

Our neighbours on the ship had two children that spent every day in the kids club and loved it.

My kids hated it (5 and 8). But didn't have a good reason why. I sent them a few times anyway and they excitedly shared art projects, performed in a show, had face painting etc and appeared happy when they came out. But when I mentioned sending them the next day they protested each time, and when I asked if they wanted to go on another cruise they said "only if we don't have to go back to kids club." 

I thought the programming and facilities looked great and the staff was nice.