Rental Car Dropoff at Port Liberty when sailing from there

So we are sailing on Anthem out of Liberty Park in August 2019.   We arrive a few days earlier at Newark Airport and plan to pick up a rental car.  Has anyone dropped off a rental car at the port terminal?  Is it nearby, do they have shuttle service to the ship from the rental drop off lots like at other ports?   

So we are sailing on Anthem out of NJ in August 2019.   We arrive a few days earlier at Newark Airport and plan to pick up a rental car.  Has anyone dropped off a rental car at the port terminal?  Is it nearby, do they have shuttle service to the ship from the rental drop off lots like at other ports?   

Edited by Paulette3028

16 minutes ago, robtulipe said:

Enterprise has a location at 1347 Kennedy Blvd in Bayonne and they typically provide local drop off .

Thank you.....you would think that other rental car companies would find a way to provide services.   We will take what is available.   Have you or anyone else used them?

We always use avis but it is not at the port.  You do have to uber.

If we travel out of Bayonne, my husband will drop me off with the luggage and then will drop off rental car and uber to the port. He texts me when he is onboard and I tell him where I am.  Very easy.  We normally to save on parking at Cape Liberty, rent a car for the day and drive from our house to the port which is an hour away.  We have also done this on the way back.  It may not be cheaper for some but it saves on hotel rooms, long term parking, and dining bills especially if you live within an hour or 2.

Edited by jean87510

6 minutes ago, Paulette3028 said:

Thank you.....you would think that other rental car companies would find a way to provide services.   We will take what is available.   Have you or anyone else used them?

An uber from Avis is about $15 to $18 if I remember from last April going to Cape Liberty.  I don't think they do the shuttles.  Its in a mall.