Natural vanilla western Caribbean

kcdancerkc

I am wanting to bring back vanilla for a friend.

i am assuming Cozumel is the place to get it.

however I am unsure of three things

what form or type of vanilla and how to store it till we get home....got spices from Grenada and it molded 😱

where can I find it nearest the Carnival port ...I want nothing that is coming from China lol....want the real deal

Will have little time because we are going to spend the day on an Eastern beach all day I believe 😎

SIX DAYS TILL MUSTER 🍷🍹🍸🥂.    Thanks!

PS. Why is my count down clock here always a couple days off?

Edited by kcdancerkc

Vanilla is in a liquid form so it won't get moldy.  I bought two bottles of it a few years back and gave one to my sister in  law and kept the other one.  It was probably four or five years ago and what is left in the bottle is still good.

When I bought them, they put them in a protective sleeve so that they would't get broken.  Getting back onboard the ship, they thought it was liquor and told me to turn it in.  I went to that table and told them it was just vanilla and they waved me through without even looking at it.

I did get them in Cozumel, right at the pier in one of their shops.  The brand name is XIALAM.  It's a brown bottle, 1000mil.  (Looks like a quart bottle).  On the back of the bottle it clearly states Coumadin Free.   Surprisingly, it wasn't that expensive.  I think it was somewhere around $6 a bottle.

6 hours ago, kcdancerkc said:

PS. Why is my count down clock here always a couple days off?

I think the countdown clock counts down to midnight GMT (i.e. British time!) of the evening before you sail.

Since you sail on 20 Jan (according to your countdown clock), it is giving you the number of days and hours to midnight on the evening of 19 Jan, for the GMT timezone, which is 5 hours ahead of North American Eastern Standard Time.

And thanks for asking this question about Vanilla - when we cruise to Cozumel next year I'd like to buy some vanilla, so these tips are very handy!