Ultimate Balcony Dining

Amtrack Springfield

The menu is above,  but in our experience - they're willing to work wirh you, within reason. IE - change out the steak for a different one, or for chicken, soup instead of Crab cake, etc. They'll work with dietary restrictions also. 

Some ships have been more flexible than others, in our experience..  We've always been able to get a ribeye instead if the filet...my partner can't eat shellfish,  so he gets onion soup instead., things like that.  

One other option that I can think of is the cocktail choice.  Each diner can pick one cocktail.  Also, a glass of wine can be the cocktail choice.

Mrs. XBGuy and I always have multiple bottles of our own wine in the cabin.  We, generally, also get into those when we are enjoying the UBD.  One of these days we are going to get a call from the bridge that they need one of us to pilot the ship.  I don't think you'll want to be a passenger on that cruise.

😉

• Haha 1

XBGuy...I neglected to give you credit for the menu which I bookmarked from your previous post.

On each of our four UBD’s they allowed us to exchange the half bottle of champagne for a similarly priced full bottle of red wine.  As I recall they’d also include a free specialty coffee with dessert.

• 4 weeks later...

They will let you swap out wine/champagne for either moctails (think virgin mixed drinks) or sodas, etc.  Let them know this when you call to reserve the dinner and they will work out the details for you.  They always seem happy to work with you when it comes to customizing your meal.