Juneau - Mendenhall glacier and dog sledding?

js4rq

Hello, we are finally doing an Alaska cruise in May next year (yippee!!) and we would like to go dog sledding in Juneau. We are in port 1pm to 9pm - I see the sun does not set until late, would it be possible to do the dog sledding tour before going to Mendenhall glacier? We were thinking of going to Tracy's Crab Shack as well.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Hello  we went to Alaska July 18.  We did helicopter tour that landed on Mendenhall glacier; then we went dog sledding on the glacier.  This tour was remarkable and the most memorable. 

enhance

enhance[1]

Edited by AF-1
  • Like 1

We are set on going to the glacier for the walks an sights. It looks like Mendenhall Glacier is open until late. But apparently it can take up to an hour one way if you are travelling during the 5-6 rush hour. Dog sledding isn't a must but thought if we have time to do both, we could but it seems we would be pushing it. Unless we do glacier flightseeing with dog sledding, however that is pricey 😜 Thoughts?

On 1/21/2019 at 2:31 PM, js4rq said:

That is a beautiful photo!! Did you book through the ship or independently? How much did you pay? This might be out of our budget, but we will look into it!

We booked thru the Ship.  It was expensive;  If you do it private you may save $25 per person; but the cost was $525 per person. Yes I know that is high; but I will not be going back and our grandkids have memories to last them