Windjammer Procedure

Bradison

Was on Freedom last month and had the same buffet experience we have had on every cruise we have taken except one.  We would go in and try to find a place to sit while all staying together.  Sometimes this took several minutes and the staying together proved to be a real challenge.  If you found a table you would have to pray that the others in your party were within visible distance or you might be playing a game of seek and seek.

In 2016 we were on Oasis and they made you wait at the entrance and took you to a clean table.  The minor inconvenience of the wait was worth the lack of anxiety over chasing down a spot to sit with a group of 4.  We have been on 3 cruises since then and no one else has figured this out (2 of them were RCI).  I don't get it.

2 hours ago, Bradison said:

Was on Freedom last month and had the same buffet experience we have had on every cruise we have taken except one.  We would go in and try to find a place to sit while all staying together.  Sometimes this took several minutes and the staying together proved to be a real challenge.  If you found a table you would have to pray that the others in your party were within visible distance or you might be playing a game of seek and seek.

In 2016 we were on Oasis and they made you wait at the entrance and took you to a clean table.  The minor inconvenience of the wait was worth the lack of anxiety over chasing down a spot to sit with a group of 4.  We have been on 3 cruises since then and no one else has figured this out (2 of them were RCI).  I don't get it.

Yeah I don't get it either! 🙄

I only ate at the Windjammer once due to this issue. I was only on my own but trying to find a table then putting a drink down for someone to either clear it away or sit there anyways was so frustrating. I love sitting in the MDR for dinner. It's like going out for dinner every night of my holiday.

5 hours ago, Bradison said:

They did this on Allure at Christmas and we have seen them do this on other ships however they only do this when the WJ gets to the point that it is full.