Epic Deck 8 Balconies & Life Boats View??

robin13

So I just saw a video of my cabin 8145 on The Epic and saw that the life boats are attached to the side of the ship which in turn causes an obstructed view.  I had just changed my cabin from deck 10 all the way forward as that balcony was enclosed and I didn't want to be so forward and high up due to motion.  I like the location of this cabin as it is mi-ship near the elevators but when I saw the video I had no idea that there were lifeboats in the way.  Can anyone tell me that has been in one of these cabins if I can still see the ocean looking out sitting in a chair?  I will be using my balcony a lot as I love to have my coffee in the morning out there and then a glass of wine later in the day.

actually some balconies on deck 8 and 9 are open to sky above and others have a ceiling

It depends on the outside structure

somewhere on this forum is a listing / photos of which cabins are open in this way

whatever you will be able to look at the ocean when sitting in the chair but view downwards will be obstructed unless you are directly above one of breaks between lifeboats whereby you will get a partial view of sea directly below

4 hours ago, fabnfortysomething said:

actually some balconies on deck 8 and 9 are open to sky above and others have a ceiling

It depends on the outside structure

somewhere on this forum is a listing / photos of which cabins are open in this way

whatever you will be able to look at the ocean when sitting in the chair but view downwards will be obstructed unless you are directly above one of breaks between lifeboats whereby you will get a partial view of sea directly below

Well the person that did the video did point out that there was a break between the lifeboats and you can see the ocean looking down.  I very rarely look down so that is not a big concern.  My concern is sitting in the chair and looking out to see the ocean.  So as long as I can do that then I will be fine.   It is also covered as he showed the ceiling.