Food Issues

wrl001

Now that I know what FODMAP is I think it will be up to your wife to select her meals carefully. Also in the cruise personalizer, under dietary concerns guest check-in, note she has a food issue - you will not be able to be specific.  We eat low sodium dinners on a cruise and meet with the head waiter at the end of a days meal and select the one for the next day. You may be able to request substitutions and deletions to a meal. This is where it is important to eat in the traditional dining room to develop a relationship with the waiters. 

• Like 1

Once onboard you will definitely have to discuss her food limitations the night prior to each meal with the head waiter. If you do eat in the buffet, she will have to be very careful. My doctor put me on a low FODMAP diet last year when she was trying to determine what was causing me issues. It is so restrictive and when we did go out for meals I had to be very specific as to how my food was prepared. Normally I just asked for plain grilled meat and a permitted steamed vegetable without any seasonings. I would just ask for lemon slices for flavor. 

The problem is that almost everything savory has either onions or garlic when prepared. It is a very difficult diet to be on. Your wife has my empathy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wrl001 said:

My DW has several food issues that require her to eat a low FODMAP diet.  We are wondering if anyone has similar requirements and has cruised with Princess or any other cruise line.

I have a pepper sensitivity (throat tightness/ hard to breathe). So I meet with the maitre d on embarkation day (time / place will be in patter) and he makes sure I'm fine. Suggest she take a printout of what she can have and give it to him with her cabin # on it. Problem solved

Edited by Ombud
They'll give by her options, it won't be "this or nothing"