Cabin Crawl - Advice

FLsunshinegal

Set it up starting low and ending high, and try to limit back-and-forth as much as possible.  If more than one person in the same class is offering their cabin, go with the one that is grouped in the same general area as others.  When having people offer up their room, have them list the room number, category, port/starboard, and fore/mid/aft to help you know where they all are.

Confirm throughout the process on your roll call, saying, "this is what I have so far" and list the people/rooms.  People cancel cruises or change rooms and might not think to let you know. 

Confirm a week before your cruise on your roll call, and then confirm the night before the crawl via phone on the ship.  Seems like there's always one person that "forgets" the crawl, and it's disappointing to show up to a locked door.

Print up a bunch of itineraries listing room, port/starboard, and fore/mid/aft so that if people get separated from the group (separate elevators, etc.), they can still get to the next room.  

Have the people hosting the next room go in the current room first -- that lets them leave first and go unlock their room.

Having the crawl in the afternoon gives the stewards time to make the beds, etc., before people come traipsing through.  

Snacks, drinks, or trinkets are not required!  We all have access to food and drink on the ship, and nobody needs to pack extra stuff to bring or take home that way.

Hope this helps!

The advice I have heard is start at the top of the ship and work down.  That way people can easily use stairs and avoid having a whole crowding waiting for an elevator or waiting for the people who are waiting for an elevator.

On 2/1/2019 at 12:54 PM, SRF said:

The advice I have heard is start at the top of the ship and work down.  That way people can easily use stairs and avoid having a whole crowding waiting for an elevator or waiting for the people who are waiting for an elevator.

The potential downside for that, though, is it means you typically end up in a tiny cabin... quite the let-down after seeing a huge suite!

Starting with a tiny inside, then going to an inside Promenade view and an outside (window), then up to a balcony (add in Central Park and Boardwalk if Oasis class), and then Grand, Owner's, Crown Loft, and Aquatheater suites lets the whole thing end on a high note.  On Freedom class, it's neat to have the Ben & Jerry "sweet" on your tour.

Plus, the bigger suites have room for the whole group to walk in at the same time, whereas you have to take turns going in a regular room.  So whenever possible, I like to go in ascending order of size/cost, depending on who is willing to open up their room.

On 2/1/2019 at 12:54 PM, SRF said:

That is what we did and it worked well.