Pre-Cruise hotel FLL or POM

cruisegirl1976

We are going on the Oasis next Feb 2020, and plan on flying in to FLL, and it will be Super Bowl weekend .. so should I get a hotel in FLL or POM for the night before the cruise.. and which hotel.. ?.. I looked at SAS transportation and noticed that they do pickup from a few FLL hotels and bring you to the POM .. , I just don't know where to stay that won't be $$$ and over crowded cause of the Super Bowl..

We always stay in Fort Lauderdale and take SAS to POM.  If you go to the SAS website, it will give you a list of the hotels they pick up at.  I would start there.  We always stay at the Embassy Suites on 17th but they have many more choices than that.

That weekend will be such a mess that I would just book whatever makes sense on the dollars first. Hotels will be expensive. Given how busy it will be, maybe being close to POM might make sense.

Though booking something like a shuttle should be fine too. Hotels are going to be expensive anywhere for that weekend. Likely will be cheaper in the Ft. Lauderdale area though as there will be big super bowl festivities in Downtown Miami. 

We stay at a FLL airport area hotel with a complimentary shuttle. 

Jiffy Jeff offers great service from the hotel to POM in beautiful black Mercedes vans. SAS was a disappointment for me, late with poor communication. Jiffy Jeff was timely, friendly and communicated well and a reasonable price.

How many of you went with Jiffy Jeff and do they have a website?  We have never had trouble with SAS but I don't mind checking out other vendors.  SAS has actually been early every time they've gotten us which is fine.  I learned the hard way that I needed to be ready!