"DOUBLE SOFA BED" on Symphony question... Grand Suite

jetta8300

We are thinking of booking a Grand Suite 1 bedroom on the Symphony.  It says the rooms sleep 4 with a "double sofa bed".  I'm only familiar with the rooms with the couch that converts to a single twin, and then a pull down twin bed in the ceiling. 

But does this room really have a bed that pulls out into a double?  It doesn't look like there would be enough room for the bed to pull out.  or is it one of those little pullmans that comes out of the bottom of the bed?  I can't seem to find a single picture of the actual sofa made into the bed anywhere.  Just trying to figure out sleeping arrangements!  any help appreciated.

13 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I thought Symphony had trundle type beds for the sofa beds.

I thought so too and after scouring the internet I can only find one picture of a bed on the Symphony or the Harmony with the bed "pulled out".  It's a picture of a regular balcony room, and it is like a trundle.   However...the couch in the regular balcony rooms are a completely different couch than the ones in the suites.  Something tells me it's going to be difficult to find an answer!

10 minutes ago, jetta8300 said:

I thought so too and after scouring the internet I can only find one picture of a bed on the Symphony or the Harmony with the bed "pulled out".  It's a picture of a regular balcony room, and it is like a trundle.   However...the couch in the regular balcony rooms are a completely different couch than the ones in the suites.  Something tells me it's going to be difficult to find an answer!

Keep watching this thread.  Hopefully Ken will see this and I'll bet he knows the exact configuration.

We had a GS on Harmony, and the sofa did pull out into approximately the width of a double, but seemed to be shorter.  It was fine for our 10 year old, and probably would have been room enough for another child as well.  

8 minutes ago, BCirlin said:

We had a GS on Harmony, and the sofa did pull out into approximately the width of a double, but seemed to be shorter.  It was fine for our 10 year old, and probably would have been room enough for another child as well.  

Thanks so much for your reply!  So it was like an actual pull out bed?  Not the Pullman that comes out underneath where one bed is lower than the other?  

I’ve also seen the beds on Oasis and Allure where it folds out flat like a futon to make a double bed. 

Edited by jetta8300

30 minutes ago, BCirlin said:

Definitely not a pullman.  I can't say if it was fold out like a futon or a regular sofa bed- it was just magically made up each night when we got back to the room. :classic_wink:

S/he doesn't mean Pullman.  Trundle is the word.

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

S/he doesn't mean Pullman.  Trundle is the word.

Yes I'm sorry I did mean trundle. thanks!  But either way this has been very helpful...although not really what I wanted to hear.  I was hoping there would be two separate twin type beds in the suite for little ones who don't want to sleep together.  I like and miss the pullman bed coming down from the ceiling to make a cabin sleep four, instead of forcing two people into the same double pullout bed.   and this makes for less floor space as well.  even the trundle situation would have been better...all well.  But thank you!

Edited by jetta8300

We had a junior suite on symphony  and the configuration was a twin sized trundle pulled out from the couch and the top of the couch, cushions could come off to make a second twin bed.   And we had a Pullman from the ceiling.   We opted to use the Pullman and trundle and keep the couch part like a couch.

E6F50460-0C41-4073-9380-917D054DF297.jpeg

52 minutes ago, Lesalita said:

We had a junior suite on symphony  and the configuration was a twin sized trundle pulled out from the couch and the top of the couch, cushions could come off to make a second twin bed.   And we had a Pullman from the ceiling.   We opted to use the Pullman and trundle and keep the couch part like a couch.

This configuration is NOT available in a Grand Suite - however, you should be able to request a roll-away for the second child in a GS. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lesalita said:

I'm sure your picture would be extremely helpful to people generally searching for the bed configuration for a regular balcony room or junior suite.  These pictures are very hard to find on the Symphony and Harmony, and my understanding is that it's different from this on the Oasis or Allure.  It's a rare picture!!!  So thanks!

But as someone said above, the Grand Suite couches are different.  So I doubt i'll find an actual picture of the bed pulled out as a double in a Grand Suite.  My understanding is that they do not have the trundle.  Maybe one will pop up at some point.

Edited by jetta8300

5 hours ago, gerif said:

This configuration is NOT available in a Grand Suite - however, you should be able to request a roll-away for the second child in a GS. 

That is a great suggestion.  But I'm thinking a junior suite may be a better situation for us.  Seperate twin beds, and more open/spacious room.  The Grand suites 1 bedroom seems a bit tight with all that furniture packed in there, especially with a rollaway.  I miss the Grand Suites without the room divider in the middle, with a bigger wide open space.  I love the suite perks with the grand suite, and my sister's family has a 2 bedroom grand suite booked, and we were hoping to get the perks they have.  It would be harder to travel with them when they have access to the suite lounge, suite sun deck, and restaurant, and special seating for shows.  

50 minutes ago, jetta8300 said:

That is a great suggestion.  But I'm thinking a junior suite may be a better situation for us.  Seperate twin beds, and more open/spacious room.  The Grand suites 1 bedroom seems a bit tight with all that furniture packed in there, especially with a rollaway.  I miss the Grand Suites without the room divider in the middle, with a bigger wide open space.  I love the suite perks with the grand suite, and my sister's family has a 2 bedroom grand suite booked, and we were hoping to get the perks they have.  It would be harder to travel with them when they have access to the suite lounge, suite sun deck, and restaurant, and special seating for shows.  

Good idea to "stick" with family!  🙂 

We book grand suites.  Last 3 on Harmony.  Our children sleep on that bed.  However, on occasion they want to jump into bed with us and when I can't stand it anymore I go sleep on the double. I am almost 6'1" and I fit if I sleep on the outer portion.  If I sleep on the inner portion my feet make contact with the couch arm portions.  It is actually remarkably comfortable.  If you look for my last two live reviews I posted photos where you can see the double bed set up.  

• Like 1

On 2/3/2019 at 1:37 PM, Andy C said:

We book grand suites.  Last 3 on Harmony.  Our children sleep on that bed.  However, on occasion they want to jump into bed with us and when I can't stand it anymore I go sleep on the double. I am almost 6'1" and I fit if I sleep on the outer portion.  If I sleep on the inner portion my feet make contact with the couch arm portions.  It is actually remarkably comfortable.  If you look for my last two live reviews I posted photos where you can see the double bed set up.  

thanks i'll try and find it now!

On 2/3/2019 at 1:37 PM, Andy C said:

Thanks for your pictures, i was able to find them and get a good picture of the bed situation.  I got caught up reading your reviews as well for a while, which were extremely informative.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jetta8300 said:

Thanks for your pictures, i was able to find them and get a good picture of the bed situation.  I got caught up reading your reviews as well for a while, which were extremely informative.

That's great.  Glad I could be of help.  By the way, my second grand suite was shared by my mom and in-laws.  My mom slept on the double bed every night and said it was great.  I was really pleasantly surprised by how comfortable that bed was.  You can feel the crack in the middle but if you don't sleep in the middle of it you should be fine.  

• Like 1