Bus related questions on alaska land tours

PRPLE

So hubby and I are booked on Y1L departing aug 28th.... couple questions to those who have taken the Alaska land yours with HAL

1) how many are in the bus?

2) will there be more than one bus?  Trying to determine how many traveling together

3) are the bus seats assigned or is it a first on first selects?

4) do they supply water or snacks along the way or should I provision ourselves as needed

5) any other thoughts or tidbits you want to share?

thanks all!

Very interesting questions. Other than the bus size I don't have any  answers, though I could guess. The bus sizes are typical 43 passenger buses.

(My guess is that seats are first come first served, and that snacks and water are not provided.) I will be watching for the answers.

6 hours ago, PRPLE said:

So hubby and I are booked on Y1L departing aug 28th.... couple questions to those who have taken the Alaska land yours with HAL

2) will there be more than one bus?  Trying to determine how many traveling together

4) do they supply water or snacks along the way or should I provision ourselves as needed

thanks all!

1.  Can't give a specific number, but the buses we were on were not the standard passenger buses.  We had lots of leg room between seats.

2.  On our cruise tour there were 2 buses.  We were assigned to a specific bus.  Each bus had it's own guide.  Each guide had his own method for where people sat.  But both buses everyone rotated seats, basically on a daily basis.  Except for the handicapped people who always got the front seats.

4.  You bring your own snacks on the bus, if you want them.  A couple of times our guide bought stuff for the the bus.  I believe I recall that they did have water bottles onboard, however.

Edited by Shmoo here

Here's a link to the tour we took a few years ago with pictures including the buses.  Not sure they are still using the same buses but they were comfortable.  We also had 2 busses assigned to the tour with the people being split evenly between the two and each bus had a HAL guide.

8 hours ago, PRPLE said:

We were on the 15-day Alaska-Yukon trip a couple of years ago, and spent a lot of time on these buses. To answer your questions:

1. The buses roomy and hold about 40. They're smooth, fairly quiet, clean, and comfortable. 

2. Your group may be divided into more than one section (ours had two). If so, things may be staggered, so you're not all at the same place and time. (We left about 45 minutes after the other section.)

3. Seats in our bus weren't assigned, although our Journey Host (which I think only the Yukon trips have) reserved a few seats in the front for those with mobility problems.

4. There was water on board.

5. Have fun!