Florence to Civitavecchia Train ticket question?

ROWSE

14 hours ago, MCazer said:

Do you have a link to the site? We travel Sept 28, so maybe it’s available for us. 

I went through https://www.italiarail.com/

i see the price is higher than I paid today so maybe wait and check over a few days.  It seems to go up and down.

The one CruiserBruce suggested was the same price at the time, and I liked the website better on Italiarail.  Best thing is to compare prices.

Good Luck!

6 hours ago, Mc2nicho said:

ROWSE or MCazer - do you mind sharing any information on the Airbnb you used near train in Florence?  I've been researching for our trip but was mainly looking at hotels, as we've never done Airbnb but now thinking that is something we should check into as well.   Also, thanks for all this information on the train going to start looking into that as well!

I have not stayed here yet but it has good reviews.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7387298?guests=1&adults=1

If you do book this,  will you go through my invite so I get the credit on my Airbnb?

Thank you!

https://www.airbnb.com/c/katheriner4250?currency=USD

2 hours ago, iancal said:

If it we were doing it, we would go via Pisa for the reasons noted above.  We have gone the the opposite way several times, ie Civ to Pisa, change, and then on to Florence or north to Cinque Terrre.

Looking at the train link above and checking trains from Florence via Pisa to the port, there just is not enough trains for me to feel comfortable 

there seems to be one train from Pisa to Civitavecchia on the day I need and it arrives too late for my sailing. 

On 3/29/2019 at 7:06 PM, MCazer said:

Looking at the train link above and checking trains from Florence via Pisa to the port, there just is not enough trains for me to feel comfortable 

there seems to be one train from Pisa to Civitavecchia on the day I need and it arrives too late for my sailing. 

It's not possible that there is only one train, you are probably looking at a date too far in the future for the full schedule to be published.

4 hours ago, euro cruiser said:

It's not possible that there is only one train, you are probably looking at a date too far in the future for the full schedule to be published.

There are plenty of trains that go from Florence to Pisa, but this is the only one scheduled on October 1st to Civitavecchia 

DDA42C72-071A-4924-8A6B-89881B19507E.jpeg

20 minutes ago, MCazer said:

There are plenty of trains that go from Florence to Pisa, but this is the only one scheduled on October 1st to Civitavecchia 

As I said, you are looking too far in advance.  The Italian train schedule goes through a twice annual schedule update (June and December), after the upcoming update in June you'll see lots more trains listed.

They may list some between now and the update, the only way to be sure is to keep checking.  Italians don't book trains this far in advance so it's not important to them to have accurate schedules on line months and months ahead.

• Like 1