Notes from Armonia Miami-Havana Jan 2019

Beamafar

41 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

The Spa bar is usually in the reception area of the Spa;  on Armonia it was just outside of it.  They also had these new drinks which were introduced on the first day of our cruise (also included in Deluxe, Premium and Premium+  drinks packages):

image.thumb.png.8f11457d92929e651fdd169d7845185a.png

I've no idea about Vitamin water, sorry.

I showed this to my sister and she is very excited about the Apple Carrot Ginger juice.  As far as the Spa Bar, location wise it sounds like it is what is marked as the Vitamin Bar on this deck plan from another website, which makes perfect sense.

image.png.f9e09bb58acd0e997736e885f24c34d5.png

Thanks again for everything.  I appericate your honest review of the Tropicana Club.  I had decided not to do it because I really don't enjoy being up late but your review has made me feel more at peace with that decision. 

Edited by FGJones
Typo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

That's exactly where it is!  The free gelato is on the opposite side.  😜

Thank you for your kind comments.  😊

Included fruit smoothies and gelato.  I think I might love cruising 😎

• Haha 1

On 2/6/2019 at 10:04 AM, Beamafar said:

Now for the Gala night menu

39d1c4524924e780c73d9f106cf146bc.jpg

62c0fe257fbf0f36f05fb2aebdcd26ff.jpg

187948facb3135159a6b867d19968215.jpg

I had the pecan-encrusted red snapper which I enjoyed (never had it before):

757a22620a917995c9c0e661cf72bcb6.jpg

The one dish I was really disappointed in was the dessert. I had been so looking forward to this since they stopped doing it in other regions (though they did have it in YC on Splendida last year. It was so good I asked the asst m'D if it would be on again later in the cruise. He had the chef come out to me who promised he'd make it again. True to his word, he made individual ones for DH and I specially one time - though, unfortunately it wasn't as nice.  The one here was very poor, indeed!):

744c097e89e26af626037f48a58cb8b0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

This reminds me of the time I ordered  the" key lime chefs surprise " pie on a Costa cruise.  When it arrived I bit into it and there were chunks of something in it...I asked the waiter what it was...he didn't know...I asked him to ask the chef what it was....he came back saying that the chef said it was chunks of tofu...I said..."Tofu"...euw...I hate Tofu...the waiter said SURPRISE !  It's a true story and I love to share it 😍

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Beamafar for such interesting and informative posts, especially the menus.  I'm vegetarian and it's good to know that I will not go hungry!  We have only done one other MSC cruise, although we've done loads on other ships, our favourite being Azamara.  We're looking forward to this one from MIA  on 17th June especially since our last cruise, on Azamara Pursuit in April was cut short as DH had a minor stroke. 

Happy sailings!

20 hours ago, Beamafar said:

I'm glad to hear it was helpful for you, Welwyngirl.  I hope that your DH is fully recovered and that you both enjoy your cruise on Armonia.  It'll be a far cry, however, from Azamara!

Yes, it is.  We booked this for the Havana stopover but that looks to be in jeopardy.  I live in hope!

• Like 1

On 2/12/2019 at 5:28 AM, Beamafar said:

With your cruise tickets, you will also receive the following form for each person:

Form for Entry to Cuba.pdf 65.43 kB · 34 downloads

I received my e-tickets and this form on Friday (Yay! Fingers crossed) and the email says "Authorities require all guests to fill out the following form in double copy and present it at embarkation to the MSC Staff" 

Does "double copy" just mean to print two for each person?

That puzzled me a little, too, but I just filled out 2 forms - one for each of us - and that was sufficient.  Perhaps the 'copy' is so you have one for your own records.

Edited by Beamafar

1 minute ago, Beamafar said:

That puzzled me a little, too, but I just filled out 2 forms - one for each of us - and that was sufficient.  Perhaps the 'copy' is so you have one for your own records.

Oh, that does make sense.  It does say at the bottom to retain a copy for five years. 

Thanks

Rereading your review and I have a strange question ... Are there lots of wifi spots in Havana? I assume there are very few free spots, as with most places, but in the coffee shops, stores and restaurants, are there some hotspots one could access if they purchase an item? I've heard mixed reviews and I know I would like to check up on things since I know I won't purchase an internet package onboard. Thank you!

On 4/11/2019 at 11:14 AM, FGJones said:

Also, for the etickets, do I need to print all the pages, like the ones showing excursions, drink plan, safety information, voyager club, etc?  Or just the embarkation form with the bar code and the luggage tags?

3 minutes ago, FGJones said:

Also, for the etickets, do I need to print all the pages, like the ones showing excursions, drink plan, safety information, voyager club, etc?  Or just the embarkation form with the bar code and the luggage tags?

I only ever print the embarkation tickets, luggage tags and any pages that indicate what should be included, such as drinks packages, excursions, etc.  I never print any of the information pages - there's no need.

OOT ... I can't answer your question definitively as I didn't look for wifi in Havana.  However, as it's such a poor, under-developed country, I think you'll have a difficult time locating anywhere with wifi.  Hopefully someone with knowledge/experience on the subject will supply an answer.

BF thanks for such a comprehensive review, we leave on May 6th and appreciate all your insight.  The drink packages do seem very confusing.  Booking at last minute we scored an UG to 12th flr suites (from balcony) on Fantastica which includes easy drinks PKG.  We'll see what it costs to UG drinks vs a la carte with such a port intensive itinerary.  

5 minutes ago, miaminautigal said:

BF thanks for such a comprehensive review, we leave on May 6th and appreciate all your insight.  The drink packages do seem very confusing.  Booking at last minute we scored an UG to 12th flr suites (from balcony) on Fantastica which includes easy drinks PKG.  We'll see what it costs to UG drinks vs a la carte with such a port intensive itinerary.  

Glad to hear you found the thread useful, MNG.

While you may have received an upgrade to an Aurea suite, it only applies to the cabin and not the perks that go with it, such as the Easy drinks package.  The only benefit that you will enjoy will be MyChoice dining in La Pergola.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2019 at 8:50 PM, Beamafar said:

Hope you enjoy your cruise as much as we did!  If you have any questions I'll do my best to answer. 

I just want to clarify that the hot breakfast is not exclusive to suite guests;  anyone willing to pay the $9.14 ($7.95 + 15% - service charge on top of a service charge LOL) can order it.

Beamafar joined you from the other thread. Thanks so much for such informative feedback. I'm a first time MSC cruiser from Ireland. Still trying to track down a coffee shop onboard like the Celebrity's Al Bacio. Am I correct that Armonia has Caffe San Marco? Is Cafe San Marco included with the Premium drinks package? 

Edited by harv2015
error

15 minutes ago, harv2015 said:

Beamafar joined you from the other thread. Thanks so much for such informative feedback. I'm a first time MSC cruiser from Ireland. Still trying to track down a coffee shop onboard like the Celebrity's Al Bacio. Am I correct that Armonia has Caffe San Marco? Is Cafe San Marco included with the Premium drinks package? 

I'm also from Ireland - down here in the Sunny South-East!  😊

I've answered your question on the other thread about the coffee shop onboard Armonia.  Yes - it's Caffe San Marco.  It's not like Al Bacio;  they don't have a range of pastries, cakes, etc available all day.  They have some small pastries/croissants available from 6.30am to 11.30am.

8 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I'm also from Ireland - down here in the Sunny South-East!  😊

I've answered your question on the other thread about the coffee shop onboard Armonia.  Yes - it's Caffe San Marco.  It's not like Al Bacio;  they don't have a range of pastries, cakes, etc available all day.  They have some small pastries/croissants available from 6.30am to 11.30am.

Thanks again Beamamar for the Cafe info. Will be cruising in May 2020 on Armonia. Booked because of the Cuba itinerary. Hopefully I'll not miss Cafe Albacio too much. 

Edited by harv2015
Error
  • Like 1