NCL Cruise Feb.16.2019 San Antonio-Buenos Aires

Momi

Hi, we are a group of four people from Germany and would be happy to join a small group for private tours.

I've reserved a private tour in Chacaboco,  Coyhaique+ Simpson Valley for 6 People 670 USD, 4 1/2 hours.

www.toursbylocals.com

Is anyone interested to join us or has a better deal where we could join?

NCL Sun from Chile to Argentina  16.Februar- 2.March

Thanks

Wow.  That's a pricey tour for riding around in a van looking at scenery.  There is honestly very little a tour guide can tell you other than general facts about the region.  The views are very nice, but you don't need a tour guide to see them.  You might want to look at going out on your own using the local bus system.  Exact same route to Coyhaique on a nice motor coach for less than $20 per person roundtrip.  There are specifics on how to do this in several other posts in the South America Ports of Call Forum.

1 hour ago, tallnthensome said:

Have you tried the roll call forum for your cruise for this? 

Thanks for your response. No I haven't  I'm new to this and have to figure out how to 🙂

Monika

14 minutes ago, FredZiffle said:

Wow.  That's a pricey tour for riding around in a van looking at scenery.  There is honestly very little a tour guide can tell you other than general facts about the region.  The views are very nice, but you don't need a tour guide to see them.  You might want to look at going out on your own using the local bus system.  Exact same route to Coyhaique on a nice motor coach for less than $20 per person roundtrip.  There are specifics on how to do this in several other posts in the South America Ports of Call Forum.

Thank you Fred.

I read that before and I think we will do public transport now. I thought it is much better deal than NCL but still expensive. I don't understand any Spanish or Portuguese and English is my second Language is that okay?

do you have any recommendations for Puerto Montt?

thanks again

Monika

2 minutes ago, ColinIllinois said:

Actually according to your posting history, you did.  It was your first post.

I did ? See ,no glue, sorry :)

I did not get any response

Thanks

25 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

We have done Around the Horn and been to Chile twice.  We used SouthExcursions for tours and they were excellent and reasonably priced.

Thank you, I will check that.

5 hours ago, Momi said:

Hi, we are a group of four people from Germany and would be happy to join a small group for private tours.

I've reserved a private tour in Chacaboco,  Coyhaique+ Simpson Valley for 6 People 670 USD, 4 1/2 hours.

www.toursbylocals.com

Is anyone interested to join us or has a better deal where we could join?

NCL Sun from Chile to Argentina  16.Februar- 2.March

Thanks

Hi momi

We are doing the cruise after yours from BA to San Antonio. At Puerto Montt a guy called Dennis Purtov seems very well regarded and we will be travelling with him that day.  His website is www.puertomontt-excursions.com you could give him a try.  There’s a boat trip to Magdalene Island to see Magellanis Penguins.  At Stanley on Falkland Islands try Estancia.com.  They do visits to Volunteer Point to see King Penguins.  If they can’t help try Patrick Watts, try Googling the name, he’s very popular but I don’t know website address.  There’s a hop on hop off bus at Montevideo that looks like it stops near the harbour gates.  There’s going to be a lot more on the Feb 16 Roll Call, but I realise time will be tight.  Anyway have a great trip and get the Champagne Bar warmed up for us guys on the next trip!

Steve

4 hours ago, Momi said:

Thank you Fred.

I read that before and I think we will do public transport now. I thought it is much better deal than NCL but still expensive. I don't understand any Spanish or Portuguese and English is my second Language is that okay?

do you have any recommendations for Puerto Montt?

thanks again

Monika

We needed virtually no Spanish beyond simple yes/no and a lot of pointing at things.  Many people spoke at least some English.  It really was very simple to go out on our own.  In Puerto Montt, we rented a car that was delivered to the port and drove to Puerto Varas as well as Petrohue Falls.  Frutillar is also within driving distance, about a half hour past Puerto Varas.  With a decent GPS or just some basic maps printed off Google Maps (which is what I used), we had no problems.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caneable said:

Hi momi

We are doing the cruise after yours from BA to San Antonio. At Puerto Montt a guy called Dennis Purtov seems very well regarded and we will be travelling with him that day.  His website is www.puertomontt-excursions.com you could give him a try.  There’s a boat trip to Magdalene Island to see Magellanis Penguins.  At Stanley on Falkland Islands try Estancia.com.  They do visits to Volunteer Point to see King Penguins.  If they can’t help try Patrick Watts, try Googling the name, he’s very popular but I don’t know website address.  There’s a hop on hop off bus at Montevideo that looks like it stops near the harbour gates.  There’s going to be a lot more on the Feb 16 Roll Call, but I realise time will be tight.  Anyway have a great trip and get the Champagne Bar warmed up for us guys on the next trip!

Steve

Hallo Steve, thanks for the great tips. I read good about Dennis Purtov before and contacted him now but couldn't get a hold of him. Also read about Patrick Watts and Angelika Deutsch from Chacabuco.

You have a great trip as well. Champagne bar is supposed to be the best 🙂 we'll check it out for you. cheers