Royal Up Australia

JoeyJoeJoe

Hi guys,

I received an email from Royal yesterday telling me that they were starting the Royal up program on February 12. I have a Caribbean cruise booked on the 15th of April this year and am hoping to get an offer. Have any Australians received one yet?

Dear James,

Your upgrade is a bid away…

Introducing RoyalUp℠ – a new bid-based stateroom upgrade programme where in just a few simple steps, you could bid your way to a fantastic upgrade. As a valued Crown & Anchor® member, you are one of the first to know that the RoyalUp℠ programme is launching tomorrow, 12 February. 

4 minutes ago, LBumb said:

I got one for upcoming rhapsody. Kinda fun

What date is your cruise?

Do you bid in $AUD ?

Does it say how the tips will work if you get upgraded? (Tips for cruises booked in Australia are included)

Edited by JoeyJoeJoe

4 hours ago, JoeyJoeJoe said:

Hi guys,

I received an email from Royal yesterday telling me that they were starting the Royal up program on February 12. I have a Caribbean cruise booked on the 15th of April this year and am hoping to get an offer. Have any Australians received one yet?

They only send them 30 days out, so too early for your cruise.

Also, it's not them making you an offer. It's them giving you an opportunity to make an offer, and if your offer is attractive enough and they have availability, they may accept.

Edited by The_Big_M

2 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

Also, it's not them making you an offer. It's them giving you an opportunity to make an offer, and if your offer is attractive enough and they have availability, they may accept.

Thanks for that info I didn't realize the opportunities to bid only came out 30 days before. I will cool my heels till then.

Thanks again.

5 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

Is that unique to Australian cruises?  Many have received offers to upgrade longer than 30 days prior to sailing in North America. 

All good guys got my opportunity to bid email last night.

They let me bid on

JS Min 140pp AUD

Ocean view two bedroom no balcony Min 140 pp AUD

GS Min 280pp AUD

This is for an 11 day cruise on the 15th of April so 2 months exactly before sail date.

Trying to force myself to be reasonable

2 hours ago, JoeyJoeJoe said:

All good guys got my opportunity to bid email last night.

They let me bid on

JS Min 140pp AUD

Ocean view two bedroom no balcony Min 140 pp AUD

GS Min 280pp AUD

This is for an 11 day cruise on the 15th of April so 2 months exactly before sail date.

Trying to force myself to be reasonable

What category were you originally booked in?

I'm currently 35 days out from my Voyager sailing, and booked in an Oceanview that I specifically chose because I liked the location. According the RC website (if you can believe it) the suites are sold out, and there are only limited balcony cabins left.

I haven't had an email inviting me to did as yet.

I have the fear that if I bid on a balcony and it gets accepted, I'll end up with the lowest balcony in a crappy location and with an obstructed view of a lifeboat, but pay extra for it.

Just now, Balsam12 said:

Also no mention of "The Key" in the Cruise planner... has anyone else seen this offered other than on sailings from the US?

I’ve had the key offered in my cruise planner for my March 2019 cruise from Sydney on Ovation since December 2018. 

1 minute ago, viviancartman said:

I’ve had the key offered in my cruise planner for my March 2019 cruise from Sydney on Ovation since December 2018. 

OK, Maybe they are simply not offering it on my sailing out of Singapore.

Did you find it listed under "Internet and more"?

19 minutes ago, Balsam12 said:

What category were you originally booked in?

I'm currently 35 days out from my Voyager sailing, and booked in an Oceanview that I specifically chose because I liked the location. According the RC website (if you can believe it) the suites are sold out, and there are only limited balcony cabins left.

I haven't had an email inviting me to did as yet.

I have the fear that if I bid on a balcony and it gets accepted, I'll end up with the lowest balcony in a crappy location and with an obstructed view of a lifeboat, but pay extra for it.

I was in a spacious balcony 1B

18 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Is that unique to Australian cruises?  Many have received offers to upgrade longer than 30 days prior to sailing in North America. 

Sorry, I mixed it up with their sister line Celebrity offer which was the first to off this in the group, and where it comes through 30 days out.

For whatever reason, RCL expanded the timeframe when they rolled theirs out.

• Like 1

Got my opportunity today:

Explorer Sydney to South Pacific - 23 days out. 

Original booking an Inside Guarantee for $796AUD per person. 

Offers:

interior with virtual balcony $40AUD pp

promenade view $70AUD pp

Ocean View $140AUD pp

Ocean View Balcony $210 AUD pp

Thinking I might offer minimum on lower two categories. Don’t see the value in the others. 

Received my Royal Up - all AUD

Radiance 10 days to New Zealand April, window cabin

$140 pp Balcony

$210 pp spacious balcony

Explorer 15 days Sydney to Singapore March, Promenade (Inside) cabin

$100 pp oceanview

$210 pp balcony

$280 pp spacious balcony

Don't think I will make an offer.   First cruise only has internal cabins available as of now.   I also like to know beforehand which cabin I will be in - could end up under pool deck.

• 3 weeks later...