! LIVE! from Adventure of the Seas, February 16, 2019 - 8 nights

ckrobyn

23 minutes ago, bilyclub said:

Hopefully I didn't invade on the OP too bad. 

Only saw one big hit two weeks ago for $21,000.  The winner said she sunk $4000 into it.

That’s what is so great about this LIVE, I feel like we are all in it together, and I’m happy when others participate and answer questions! 

41 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

Is it wrong that I can name every brand and style of bag in that fantastic display case? Lisa is a woman of excellent taste - tell her I said so.

Is it wrong that I don't even know what LV stands for? Maybe left ventricle?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Which deck are you on? How far from the middle of the Promenade? If I remember correctly you are on the starboard side.... odd number muster station?

Deck 7, above the jewelry store.....

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

25 minutes earlier than I boarded. 

I'm at Mystic Seaport. They are having "Ice Weekend" here. I like ice as much as I like snow. Just toured a Coast Guard ice breaker. Their "Windjammer" left something to be desired.

I still think I would have loved that tour.:classic_smile:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

Close, but no.

Louis Vuitton.

Lisa would be quite proud of you, and therefore you can never meet. Her latest is called the Milla in Rhubarb. If you stop in San Juan watch out for the counterfeiters selling Louis Vittons. 😉

We were surprised with this cake on our last cruise by our Genie. 

Sorry for thread transgressions.

8AC7B58B-FF68-4344-8C71-E517BC53BE4F.thumb.jpeg.d32ee368c49f8e75c3ff7d164da06728.jpeg

234A64F3-7372-43C0-B113-FFD7C5196C59.thumb.jpeg.62c871372055f4a8ac2240dc1c8fbe50.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 5

30 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I still think I would have loved that tour.:classic_smile:

My father worked for the Navy. I've been on all types of Navy ships and still jump on any chance I have to get on a military vessel. Once I got to spend a day on the Iowa before she was decommissioned.... amazing ship.

Just back from our informal meet up at the Pool Bar. Great turnout, it was nice to put faces to names 😃

I had the distinct pleasure of meeting Bob (Clarea) and his lovely wife. It’s always nice when the person you have known online for many years is exactly as they present themselves - warm and friendly!

Muster is at 4:30pm, and sailaway is at 5:30pm.

Looking forward to a great 8 night cruise!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lisa would be quite proud of you, and therefore you can never meet. Her latest is called the Milla in Rhubarb. If you stop in San Juan watch out for the counterfeiters selling Louis Vittons. 😉

We were surprised with this cake on our last cruise by our Genie. 

Sorry for thread transgressions.

8AC7B58B-FF68-4344-8C71-E517BC53BE4F.thumb.jpeg.d32ee368c49f8e75c3ff7d164da06728.jpeg

234A64F3-7372-43C0-B113-FFD7C5196C59.thumb.jpeg.62c871372055f4a8ac2240dc1c8fbe50.jpeg

That’s amazing!!! 

I do know about the fakes in SJ, they are pretty sad looking replicas 😏

Maybe Lisa and I have the same SA at LV? I shop at Yorkdale 😉

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

My father worked for the Navy. I've been on all types of Navy ships and still jump on any chance I have to get on a military vessel. Once I got to spend a day on the Iowa before she was decommissioned.... amazing ship.

Very cool.  We sailed right next to the Missouri many years ago in a small sailboat in Long Beach harbor, and I was surprised at the immense size of the ship.  Also went into the German U-Boat at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago.  That was extremely claustrophobic.

57 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Very cool.  We sailed right next to the Missouri many years ago in a small sailboat in Long Beach harbor, and I was surprised at the immense size of the ship.  Also went into the German U-Boat at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago.  That was extremely claustrophobic.

See how good I am at side tracking threads. I got started early on this one.😆

So Adventure is past the Port Everglades breakwater. Caribbean Princess if off her starboard side heading south. Oosterdam is in front off her bow. And a chain of 4 ships that look like they came out of Miami and are heading east in the general direction toward Nassau are way off the starboard side of Adventure. Of course, if anyone was interested I could name them. Never mind, I will name them anyway.... Celebrity Equinox, Norwegian Bliss, Symphony ( we all know which cruise line that belongs to), and MSC Seaside. 

And here I am in my own little world tracking ships. It would be much better to be on one. <sigh>

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

So Adventure is past the Port Everglades breakwater. Caribbean Princess if off her starboard side heading south. Oosterdam is in front off her bow. And a chain of 4 ships that look like they came out of Miami and are heading east in the general direction toward Nassau are way off the starboard side of Adventure. Of course, if anyone was interested I could name them. Never mind, I will name them anyway.... Celebrity Equinox, Norwegian Bliss, Symphony ( we all know which cruise line that belongs to), and

MSC Seaside. 

And here I am in my own little world tracking ships. It would be much better to be on one. <sigh>

The Princess ship was just in front of us leaving the port.  Beautiful sight, all the cruise ships leaving in a row.  A Coast Guard boat had to warn off some pleasure craft that was sitting right in the middle of the channel.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

The Princess ship was just in front of us leaving the port.  Beautiful sight, all the cruise ships leaving in a row.  A Coast Guard boat had to warn off some pleasure craft that was sitting right in the middle of the channel.

Dumb a$$.