Balcony Question

MsMolly

On the Nieuw Statendam on deck 4 there are some cabins that have deeper balconies. We are looking at 4171 or 4173. I am wondering if the balconies above these ones can look down on these balconies or are they still private/fully covered like the regular size balconies? Any information about these cabins/ balconies would be appreciated!

2 minutes ago, wdw1972 said:

Those verandahs are half exposed and half covered.  Anyone above can look down and see you if you're in the exposed half, but obviously not if you're under the covered half.

Sue/WDW1972

Thanks for the information. I figured that may be the case!!

17 hours ago, wdw1972 said:

Those verandahs are half exposed and half covered.  Anyone above can look down and see you if you're in the exposed half, but obviously not if you're under the covered half.

Sue/WDW1972

We were in one of these on Konigsdam in Dec.  Not an issue.  The people above really don't stand there staring down at the balconies below I don't believe.  Guess wouldn't go nude just in case, but really not an issue. We liked the large balcony.

Jane

Edited by jabcruiser
additional comment

Thanks for sharing the picture catl331 and thank you jabcruiser for sharing your experience. We had a similar verandah on a Princess cruise so I am not concerned but was curious. I think we will enjoy the larger balcony as there are 5 of us travelling. We do have 2 cabins but it will be nice to all fit on one balcony!

19 hours ago, MsMolly said:

On the Nieuw Statendam on deck 4 there are some cabins that have deeper balconies. We are looking at 4171 or 4173. I am wondering if the balconies above these ones can look down on these balconies or are they still private/fully covered like the regular size balconies? Any information about these cabins/ balconies would be appreciated!

We were on the Koningsdam in cabin 4033 and those above us could look down and see us standing or if we were sitting close to the railing.  Was really not a problem to us.  We were never doing anything that would of interest to anyone above us.  LOL