Vision of the Sea Deck 7 aft

We are considering booking the Vision of the Sea Deck 7 aft. The entire back is available including the two corners. Anyone stay in these cabins that would have a recommendation on one of them? I am currently holding 7652. Does the balcony wrap around? The deckplan doesn't show it but I have read on other threads that it does. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks for your help.

Debbie and Bob

We sailed on the Splendour, which is also a sister ship. We were on deck 7 in the middle cabin. Here is a picture of the aft of the ship: http://community.webshots.com/photo/527685047/1527704895083281049ShNkBd and here is a picture from our balcony: http://community.webshots.com/photo/530801710/1531043262083281049cumzam

The balconies are larger, but you look directly down onto the deck below. The corners do not wrap, but have a solid side. If you want to look directly down into the water, you will need to get a cabin on the side. Also, there is superstructure in your views to the side.

I just saw Jimbo's pictures, and there was no balcony on our deck on the Splendour that was made like his was. Good luck figuring out which one Vision is like!

You will have a great cruise no matter which cabin you get!

I just saw Jimbo's pictures, and there was no balcony on our deck on the Splendour that was made like his was. Good luck figuring out which one Vision is like!

Check out the deck plans of all 3 ships in question...You can see better that Splendour is nothing like Rhapsody/Vision. Rhapsody is identical to Vision. The Pics I posted is what cabin 7652 will look like on Vision.

Jimbo:)

Thanks Jimbo and Sheffie. I was told by the RCCL rep that the only sister ship is the Rapsody. So, I think Jimbo is correct. Wow! I'm so excited. That balcony looks very large. I think I will stay with cabin 7652. I put our deposit on it after looking at the pictures. Thanks Jimbo.

Oh my gosh! I can't wait for my husband to get home so I can show him. Since you have all this good info we will be sailing from Los Angeles RT to Mexico. As I stated I have the starboard side corner but the port side is still available. Any suggestions on which side of the ship would be the best in this itinerary? Thanks again so much Jimbo.

Rhapsody and Vision have identical deck plans and we have stayed in deck 8 corner aft cabins on both. They definitely wrap around as do the corner afts on deck 7. And there are no obstructions. Jimbo's pictures show all of this very well!

I have a link to photos of Rhapsody 8088 cabin and balcony if you want to get an idea of what the balcony looks like up close. The corner aft balconies on deck 7 are actually a little bigger than the ones on deck 8 since they are a bit deeper.

ETA: I see Jimbo was posting at the same time as me. I wish my name wasn't on those pictures in the link he provided! A fellow CCer took those for me. I love him for it but that is not us! We are not quite that messy. That link keeps cropping up over and over. :p

I think from looking at both sets of balcony pictures, I think what makes the balcony a tad larger on deck 7 then on deck 8 is also because the deck 8 cabin is a JS so it's wider thus making the wrap around part smaller, we actually had 7652 booked first before prices dropped and we switched to a JS on deck 8 which ended up costing less then the D1 on deck 7. We lucked out.

We firgured for less money and a larger cabin:D we could deal with the balcony being a little smaller.

I believe we made the right choice in our situation.

I think from looking at both sets of balcony pictures, I think what makes the balcony a tad larger on deck 7 then on deck 8 is also because the deck 8 cabin is a JS so it's wider thus making the wrap around part smaller, we actually had 7652 booked first before prices dropped and we switched to a JS on deck 8 which ended up costing less then the D1 on deck 7. We lucked out.

We firgured for less money and a larger cabin:D we could deal with the balcony being a little smaller.

I believe we made the right choice in our situation.

Jimbo - you won't be disappointed! The balcony on deck 8 is incredible (still huge compared to a standard size balcony!) and I am completely spoiled with the JS. Having only stayed in corner aft JS's I can't imagine staying in anything else! We actually chose the date for our upcoming Alaskan cruise on Radiance by when cabin 1100 was available. No wraparound balcony but from what I've heard it is still an incredible cabin/balcony. :D

I think you made a wise decision. We stayed in 7151 aft corner on Rhapsody. We absolutely loved the wrap-around balcony, but we were located right above the lounge area, and we heard the music from the band (at least the bass parts) in our cabin late at night until they stopped playing. By going up a deck, you won't have that problem.

Archived