Is this True ?????

paul_a142

Sailing on Serenade 28th Jan Southern route and today we received this posting from a new member to our group

To all those who are cruising SOS on Jan 28/06 out of PR. I have read all the posting on this ship, right up until yesterday, and I am glad to have joined even at this late date, I have found some very interesting and helpful advice. Thank You All!! However I have not found any correspondence regarding to the Huge mix up RC is having with their reservation system, apparently they have double booked this cruise and are trying hard to get people back into their original cabins. We are travelling with 2 other couples and booked in april of 2005, in a D1 cat, and have apparently have had our cabins re assigned, we are no longer all together on deck nine although our tickets say that we are. Apparently their will be cabin reassignments to those affected once you board the ship. Is anyone else aware of this? If so please let me know.:( :rolleyes:

Can anyone confirm that RCCL are having problems.:eek:

Regards

Paul

:)

Sailing on Serenade 28th Jan Southern route and today we received this posting from a new member to our group

Can anyone confirm that RCCL are having problems.:eek:

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul this is mammy and I wrote in to let people know what is happening with the SOS cruise Jan 28/06 apparently their were 10,000 RC bookings this happened to not all on SOS of course, but it is a widespread thing. I too found it to be quite incredible that a huge corporation like RC can muck up so badly. I was told by my TA that they will do their best to get people in their original cabins, and for those like us that have been bumped down 2 categories will receive some sort of compensation. Apparently we seem to be the only ones thus far that are even aware of this. I logged in today for the first time, as I did not here any mention of this was wondering what the heck is going on? I have been having trouble with this site.Can you help me? seeing as you are a pro at this. I was wondering after you have posted a quote and allowed people to respond how you view the responses that relate to your quote.?

thanks for your help mammy

:)

Hi Paul this is mammy and I wrote in to let people know what is happening with the SOS cruise Jan 28/06 apparently their were 10,000 RC bookings this happened to not all on SOS of course, but it is a widespread thing. I too found it to be quite incredible that a huge corporation like RC can muck up so badly. I was told by my TA that they will do their best to get people in their original cabins, and for those like us that have been bumped down 2 categories will receive some sort of compensation. Apparently we seem to be the only ones thus far that are even aware of this. I logged in today for the first time, as I did not here any mention of this was wondering what the heck is going on? I have been having trouble with this site.Can you help me? seeing as you are a pro at this. I was wondering after you have posted a quote and allowed people to respond how you view the responses that relate to your quote.?

thanks for your help mammy

10,000 overbookings and we just now are hearing about it from someone who has 3 posts to her history? Sounds suspiciously like a troll posting to me.:mad:

Thanks for your negative comments. The last time I checked this was the cruise CRITICS forum where anyone can voice an opinion or ask questions without being judged by narrow minded individuals such as yourself. Here is a thought to ponder if RCI changed their res system which holds ALL of their res' for ALL their ships then why is it so far fetched? I worked as a res agent for years for a major airline and i can tell you that YES it does happen from time to time but company policy (keep it under wraps) it's called damage control. Although I do believe that RCI would have a backup system and it is as simple as using the locator # and putting the passengers back into the cabins that they originally had and PAID for so why isn't RCI doing this? You would think that if THEY did screw up they would give you an upgrade not a 2 category downgrade. So can you explain this to me?

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Someone who can finally relate to what I am talking about. Everyone thought this was a gag or that Iam trying to ***k with them. Thanks again RDeagazio for taking the time to post your info It is much appreciated. Maybe now they will finally believe me, just because it may not have affected them, it doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

mammy

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Someone who can finally relate to what I am talking about. Everyone thought this was a gag or that Iam trying to ***k with them. Thanks again RDeagazio for taking the time to post your info It is much appreciated. Maybe now they will finally believe me, just because it may not have affected them, it doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

mammy

No one flamed you; they told you that they hadn't heard of it, which is what you asked. And YOUR comment was REALLY rude and uncalled for.

JM(not)HO.

Hi I have contaced RC and they would not answer any of my questions. they told me to contact my tour operater (TA) which I did he was on the phone to RCI for two days trying to get an answer from anyone there as to the mix up they told him that it was a res problem. My TA aslo found out that it has happened to thousands of passengers who booked through Encore cruises (this company is the biggest cruise distibutor for RC here in canada. RC sent our tickets with the original Cabins but I went to their web page where you can check your confirmation # and the info does not match the cruise tickets. So if i go with the original info is my luggage ever gonna find me?

I am not new to cruising have been on three cruises prior to this and have always booked with Encore no problems. I was hoping that by using this site someone out there either heard of this situation or can come up with some suggestion as to what should we do .There are 2 other couples travelling with us all of whom have been relocated. After reading some of these comments do I really want to meet these people at the meet and mingle party I don't know I get the feeling some would like to lynch me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for listening

mammy

mammy: Here's one suggestion on how to deal with your luggage if it doesn't arrive in the cabin where you ARE. Keep the number(s) of your original cabin(s), and go down and look in that hallway and/or the cabin itself. Chances are, if it's not in the RIGHT place, it will be in the "old" right place.

Good luck, and have a nice cruise anyway! I know that I would be VERY unhappy if this happened to me.

Sorry Carol the quote was not directed at you. It was for negc who writes " all this from someone who has only three postings it sounds like a Troll posting to me. Well I gather from that comment that I am the troll which I found RUDE and uncalled for. Hey what can I say I bite back, but again it was not directed at you.

Sorry Carol the quote was not directed at you. It was for negc who writes " all this from someone who has only three postings it sounds like a Troll posting to me. Well I gather from that comment that I am the troll which I found RUDE and uncalled for. Hey what can I say I bite back, but again it was not directed at you.

HEY ALL: I am pretty NEW to all this Boards...sometimes I see posters using the word TROLL. WHAT EXACTLY IS A TROLL, when used on these boards?? :confused:

Great suggestion that is what I told my husband to do if our bags don't arrive, see great minds think alike. Anyhoo what do you think of this? in the back of the cruise documents which covers the cruise ticket contract it states that unless notified in writing to any changes made by cruise operator (RC) original ticket is the binding contract. How likely is it that we arrive at the port and fight them on this issue that they will reinstate our original cabins? after all we did not receive anything from RC about changes to our cabins which were all booked last april and paid for in full by oct.

HEY ALL: I am pretty NEW to all this Boards...sometimes I see posters using the word TROLL. WHAT EXACTLY IS A TROLL, when used on these boards?? :confused:

There have been times when someone who has very low numbers comes on and gives mis-information, or bad mouths people. Kinda like those grumpy, mean trolls under the bridge.

Thank you, Michelle...one more question...what did you mean by "low numbers"....:confused:

Sorry about all my ???, but I am s l o w l y (ugh) learning all the lingo!:o

I figured out that "D" was dear or darling and was able to share that little tidbit earlier....;)

Anyway...the numbers thing ???? :confused:

THANKS A MILLION:)

Momrek06,

If you look in the upper right section of your post you will see the date you joined CC, then you will see your city and state (I myself was born in Chelsea, Ma) and under that you will see a post count.

Your last count was 50, and each time you post that number will go up. Hence you would be able to see how often someone post. It doesn't show how often you view the threads. And that is another term, they are called "lurkers".

Hope this helps.

Momrek06,

If you look in the upper right section of your post you will see the date you joined CC, then you will see your city and state (I myself was born in Chelsea, Ma) and under that you will see a post count.

Your last count was 50, and each time you post that number will go up. Hence you would be able to see how often someone post. It doesn't show how often you view the threads. And that is another term, they are called "lurkers".

Hope this helps.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH....:D You are very helpful....:p

Here ya go :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

In Internet terminology, a troll is a person who posts rude or offensive messages on the Internet, such as on online discussion forums, to disrupt discussion or to upset its participants. "Troll" can also mean the message itself or be a verb meaning to post such messages. "Trolling" is also commonly used to describe the activity.

Hi Carol I have been on this site for a while now probably not smart seeing as I have to get up at 6am I have been reading all the correspondence re your missed cruise, and your insurance battles Gee that really must have been a bummer, glad to hear that you stuck to your guns and went after them . I feel really bad writing about my mixed up cabins after reading all that happened to you, my problem is small potatoes compared to what you went through I wish you luck and many happy cruises to come, I know by your quotes that you are a wonderful person and maybe our ships will cross one day or we might even be on the same one who knows, life is funny but i do thank you for using this forum. I know that sharing your expieriences has helped alot of fellow cruisers.

Take care and all the best

Mammy

I had to jump in here.

My TA told me this exact same story as I am reading on this thread - last weekend. Our TA and his family are close friends of ours and were over for dinner. He told me about the RCI computer issue and that thousands of bookings were messed up as a result. Folks that booked and paid for their cabins were somehow bumped off and all of the guarantee reservations as well as some tour operator reservations took precedence and snagged these already reserved cabins as they "appeared" available on the computer system :confused:

I suspect there will be major issues at some of the affected embarkation ports as they work to correct this.......

That's about all I know - I just wanted to write in to let you know that I too heard about this mess from a pretty reliable source.

Archived