Is this True ?????

paul_a142

Thanks Robyn for posting I was begining to wonder If It was only us. This is the first time I am using this TA and was getting very suspicious I was begining to think that he messed up and didn't forward our payment on time, therefore I was trying to get my facts straight before I made a fool of myself with RC when I got to the ship. Again thanks bunches and have a wonderful vacation.

Mammy

Mammy, thanks for the info. You were flamed by the way...must be some unwritten rule around here that your first 30 posts or so must be harmless and non-critical of RCCL:D .

Do you, or does anyone else know how many weeks are affected? We are sailing Apr 2 on Radiance.

Thanks Robyn for posting I was begining to wonder If It was only us. This is the first time I am using this TA and was getting very suspicious I was begining to think that he messed up and didn't forward our payment on time, therefore I was trying to get my facts straight before I made a fool of myself with RC when I got to the ship. Again thanks bunches and have a wonderful vacation.

Mammy

No problem Mammy - I was a newbie on here too......not so long ago actually ;)

You won't make a fool of yourself with RCI because what you were told is true.

Thanks for the good cruise wishes :)

we are cruising tomorrow on the Granduer of the sea (1/23). I can tell you for sure RCCL is having major problems with double bookings and dropping people who had been booked for months. Make sure you keep checking your pre- boarding info to insure you are still there. In a group of 80 cabins we lost about 6 cabins. These people are just plain out of luck.

Hi BobBeaSea Yah I thought I was flamed too. Anyhow I don't hold grudges I think that the person was just very upset having booked and looking forward to their cruise and then hearing about what happened I know it's a huge dissapointment, but again It may not involve them. As to how many ships were involved I really don't know, all I know is what my TA told me and he specifically said approx 10,000 but then again that would only have to be 3 voyager class ships sailing out this weekend. Call your TA and inquire about your sailing or if you booked online use the RC website and check your confirmation # this will bring up your info and you can check on your cabin assignment

Hope that helps

Mammy

Hi SusieQT

Our Agent called us with the bad news, but the funny thing is that i was on RC's website just a day before my TA called and all the info as well as cabin assgnmt was correct. Then after i spoke to him I went back to check my info and everything including the locator was correct except for the cabins. So if RC is using the same locator then why can't they find the original cabin # and reinstate us?. There are six of us travelling together and we booked a LONG time ago. Although it is dissapointing I am begining to hope for just a spot on the ship at this point (as long as it has a balcony hehehe). And another thing don't you agree ?that they should use a first come first serve basis policy? If i booked these cabins in april and someone else booked in sept, then I think our booking whould take presidence, but that would be too logical I suppose.Just keep checking your pr boarding info for changes, but I warn you if you contact RC they will give you the same song and dance "RC does NOT overbook their cabins) Yeah right!!!!! after all do people actually think they would tell you the TRUTH?

Good luck I hope you have a smooth sailing and a great time

mammy

Mammy, don't wait until you get to the ship to try and get some satisfaction for this. There probably won't be anything they can do once you get there to fix it (especially since multiple people are affected). Your TA should definitely be doing something - and I agree getting the difference in price isn't worth it for a two category drop.

And I hope people didn't think I was flaming them, if they did I didn't mean to. I just thought it was weird as this was the first time I've heard this happening with RCI. Sorry it had to happen to you. Hopefully you can get it worked out and you will still have a great cruise.

HEY BobBeaSea we did radiance last year, we had a great time, beautiful ship, we did the Eastern Caribbean.The gala buffet was amazing on the last night the ice sculptures were incredible even better than Navigator. I have never had anything but a great time on RC thats why I keep booking with them. We were thinking of Freedom next year with the kids (young adults now) but are waiting to see what happens with this one first. Anyhow I here that Freedom is pretty well sold out for next year.

Smooth sailings

mammy

Thanks wrp96

I won't hold it against you it's all water under the boat ( pun intended)

The reason nobody heard is because RC is doing damage control at this point. They don't want us "unsavvy cruisers" to know how incompetent they really are. This is what we were offered Our tour operator is giving us a credit for the difference between cabin categories, and RC is SUPPOSE to give us $200us per cabins shipboard credit? What do you think

I think $200 shipboard credit (and not a refund of the difference in price) would go a long way to making a bad situation easier to swallow, even if it wouldn't necessarily smooth it over completely. At the very least, you could buy yourself an excursion, a visit to the spa, or several drinks with it. I would take it and not put any more bother or worry into the situation - as long as you are at least getting a balcony cabin. It wouldn't hurt once you get to the ship, to just happen to ask when you check in, or at the purser's desk after you get on board, if there are any upgrades available since this did happen to you, but I wouldn't rely on that to make yourself happy. And I would make sure to mark on my comment card at the end of the trip the mess you had to go through before you got on board.

And I don't doubt that RCI is going out of their way to keep this quiet, I just thought it was odd that nobody else on CC was posting about it before now, but I guess everybody found out at the same time on Friday. It pretty much sucks all around though that it's happened. Unfortunately, I've seen postings about Princess, Carnival, and HAL all overbooking as well. HAL's is the most recent - and their's was due to a computer malfunction as well. Not a good excuse IMO, but still.

Okay, I called the TA and they said we still have the same cabin, and on the RC site it still says we have the same cabin. But, we upgraded after we had our docs, and our docs have the old cabin number on them.

We have a corner aft JS, just nervous!

Hi SusieQT

Our Agent called us with the bad news, but the funny thing is that i was on RC's website just a day before my TA called and all the info as well as cabin assgnmt was correct. Then after i spoke to him I went back to check my info and everything including the locator was correct except for the cabins. So if RC is using the same locator then why can't they find the original cabin # and reinstate us?. There are six of us travelling together and we booked a LONG time ago. Although it is dissapointing I am begining to hope for just a spot on the ship at this point (as long as it has a balcony hehehe). And another thing don't you agree ?that they should use a first come first serve basis policy? If i booked these cabins in april and someone else booked in sept, then I think our booking whould take presidence, but that would be too logical I suppose.Just keep checking your pr boarding info for changes, but I warn you if you contact RC they will give you the same song and dance "RC does NOT overbook their cabins) Yeah right!!!!! after all do people actually think they would tell you the TRUTH?

Good luck I hope you have a smooth sailing and a great time

mammy

SusieQT Our docs still have all the old info on them too, I did ask my TA about this and he said RC will not be reissuing new doc's and that they will give you your reassignment upon boarding . I don't know if they are doing this because it's a time issue or if there are too many to re-issue, but basically they will have a manifest with old info with a re-direct to the new info. At this point as long as I have A cabin and some reinbursement i will be happy and ready to PARTYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! Canada sucks this time of year and as long as I can see water that isn't frozen I'll be content. Hope this helps.

mammy

Hi Sheffie since I started the whole thing I guess I should be the one to try and answer this question. I spoke to my TA today to get more info and all he told me was he couldn't speak for other bookings and that because it was ALOT of reservations, his suggestion is for you to contact your TA directly, or as like I said keep checking yourself for changes in the RC bookings.He tried to get RC to give out more info and which ships were affected but true to RC all they would give him was info on pass he booked directly. I do know for sure that Encore cruises was one of the tour operators who had alot of cabins affected. I was also reading a thread were someone booked from FLA and it affected them too, apparently they lost six cabins entirely. Hope this helps. I am begining to feel like the grim reaper here, nothing but bad news. SORRY EVERYONE.

HOPE IT HELPS

MAMMY

My TA said that everything is fine with my booking. Of course, I probably know more than he does about this and he may just be blowing me smoke! Oh, well, I will keep checking my booking and since we are 2 months away, all should be fine by then.

Well, not to make anyone else nervous but a couple of weeks ago I was innocently looking up my reservation dreaming of our Feb. 4th trip on the Serenade and discovered that our cabin number had been changed. Called Royal Caribbean, got the HUGE run around and their official answer to me was "we wouldn't have changed it unless you asked us to". Uh yeah. I specifically booked that cabin and then made a "mysterious" phone call to change it less than a month from our cruise. After sharing with the person that this was not going to acceptable to us, that we wanted our other cabin back, I got her supervisor. Supervisor stuck with the "gee, that's too bad" story. Well, she calls us back and says if we are interested we can upgrade to a junior suite for $700 more and get another cabin. I said we will pay $500 more (did NOT like the new cabin location and they flat out refused to give us our old cabin back). End of the day, we split the difference and upgraded to a JS for $600. But, we did NOT want our cabin changed, it just POOF happened. Watch your reservations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
If there were truly "10,000 reservations" involved, I would have expected much more of a hue and cry on this website...I wonder if this was a TA (group) issue blamed on the cruise line???

LL

I was skeptical at first myself but from posts I've gathered that there were several Travel Agents and groups involved so it was an RCI problem. Hopefully RCI will make it up to those people that were affected.

Archived