Haven spa suite tub window

gizfish

2 minutes ago, gizfish said:

I need to sleep in a cave.  Do the shades that cover the window by the jetted tub in the Haven spa suite block out all the light?

It does a good job, but it’s definitely not a blackout curtain.

4 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Why not use a sleep mask?

Because they are uncomfortable to sleep with.  Also, if I am paying a premium price for a place to sleep, I kind of have an expectation that it should be very conducive to sleep.  I do always travel with a sleep mask just in case, but am very much hoping not to need it.

1 hour ago, gizfish said:

Because they are uncomfortable to sleep with.  Also, if I am paying a premium price for a place to sleep, I kind of have an expectation that it should be very conducive to sleep.  I do always travel with a sleep mask just in case, but am very much hoping not to need it.

If sunlight is a concern, stick to an inside room.

I’ve stayed in many Spa Haven suites. The sun does shine around the edges a little at that window, but it’ll also shine through where your two curtains come together on any balcony or OV stateroom.  The sun is not better or worse than any other stateroom on board.

2 hours ago, MikeBTN said:

If sunlight is a concern, stick to an inside room.

I’ve stayed in many Spa Haven suites. The sun does shine around the edges a little at that window, but it’ll also shine through where your two curtains come together on any balcony or OV stateroom.  The sun is not better or worse than any other stateroom on board.

Lol, I have stayed in plenty of cabins with windows or balcony doors and have found all but one (a disney cruise where the blackout curtain liner was missing) to be the best for sleeping in complete darkness, even darker than at home.  A great way to counteract the light seepage between curtains is to use a claw style hair clip to pinch them closed on an overlapping pleat.