Adventure OTS 17th Sept 2018 question

sheba376

Hoping someone who was on this cruise last year can answer this question to assist with my onward Flight booking for the same cruise this year.

Did you arrive at Cape Liberty Cruise Port?

What time did the ship arrive?

Can you self disembark?

Is there a Customs bag checks or immigration.

Any ideas how long it would take to get from the Port to JFK for a flight to HNL?

Have been looking at flights from Newark, but there's more selection from JFK.

Thanks for any info

Karen 

You are not mentioning the day of disembarkation.  Also, read a post that Customs is using Facial Recognition Technology at Bayonne, and if it's anything like the one in Miami Port on my Symphony Feb. 2 cruise, clearing Customs should take no more than 15 seconds.  Self assist will also help in any timeframe planning.

7 hours ago, sheba376 said:

Hoping someone who was on this cruise last year can answer this question to assist with my onward Flight booking for the same cruise this year.

Did you arrive at Cape Liberty Cruise Port?

What time did the ship arrive?

Can you self disembark?

Is there a Customs bag checks or immigration.

Any ideas how long it would take to get from the Port to JFK for a flight to HNL?

Have been looking at flights from Newark, but there's more selection from JFK.

Thanks for any info

Karen 

It looks like you’re arriving on Adventure on Fri Sep 27, 2019.

What are your possible flight times from EWR and JFK?

I heard the taxi dispatcher at Cape Liberty quote someone $65+ to EWR last week.  JFK would probably run $120+.  EWR is very close to Cape Liberty - about 10 miles all turnpike driving after you get out of the port.  JFK is about 33 miles via the Goethals Brudge, Verrazano Bridge, and the infamous Belt Parkway - many more possible points of failure traffic wise.

This is a question that should be posted on the East Coast Board to get the additional traffic perspective of our many New York experts who do not follow RCL specifically. 

The good news is that Adventure is arriving from Boston which should improve her chances of being on time.

26 minutes ago, 138east said:

It looks like you’re arriving on Adventure on Fri Sep 27, 2019.

What are your possible flight times from EWR and JFK?

I heard the taxi dispatcher at Cape Liberty quote someone $65+ to EWR last week.  JFK would probably run $120+.  EWR is very close to Cape Liberty - about 10 miles all turnpike driving after you get out of the port.  JFK is about 33 miles via the Goethals Brudge, Verrazano Bridge, and the infamous Belt Parkway - many more possible points of failure traffic wise.

This is a question that should be posted on the East Coast Board to get the additional traffic perspective of our many New York experts who do not follow RCL specifically. 

The good news is that Adventure is arriving from Boston which should improve her chances of being on time.

There's a van service by the taxi dispatcher and it's got to be cheaper than a taxi.  Don't know what Uber/Lyft would charge.  On my August Anthem cruise used the van service and charged $10 per to Penn Station Newark.  Quoted taxi fare of $50.