The Vintage Room *LUNCH* on Crystal Mozart

Psoque

I was looking around the Crystal website regarding our upcoming river cruise from Budapest to Vienna in April of this year.  I noticed for the first time that there's such a thing as a Vintage Room Lunch that we can sign up for 80 Euros/person.  We have done a standard Vintage Room dinner on Symphony once, but we did not know there was a lunch option.  Is this something new?  It's substantially cheaper than a Vintage Room dinner, which is 290 Euros/person on Mozart.

Have any of you done the lunch option, perhaps on Mozart?  I would like to know if there's more information about this.  The description on the website appears to be for the dinners.

I was on the Mozart in November and it wasn't offered then. I don't think they even had enough people to go there for dinner. I never heard it even mentioned but stumbled across the room when walking around the ship.

They also had a difficult time getting people to go to Bistro Mozart. They kept asking people to eat there (which was free). They ended up offering it fewer time than they had planned. I remember it being offered 2x on the 10 night cruise and they were hoping for 3x.

I guess Waterside was too good.

If you go - please report! I would probably have a difficult time because you are often sailing during the day when you are in the Wachau Valley if you are on a similar sailing as I was.

---

Looks like you are doing a different itinerary.

Edited by Coral

5 minutes ago, Roz said:

80 euros is a lot for lunch.  What do they serve?

Roz

The Vintage Room on Crystal is high quality wines paired with high quality foods. The lunch will be fewer courses than the dinner, but the price will always be better than a comparable meal/wine tasting at a restaurant.

Just now, Texas Tillie said:

The Vintage Room on Crystal is high quality wines paired with high quality foods. The lunch will be fewer courses than the dinner, but the price will always be better than a comparable meal/wine tasting at a restaurant.

Thanks, Tillie.  Now I understand.  2 or 3 times a year I go to wine dinners where there are multiple courses and 4-5 wines. 

Roz

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 7:56 PM, Texas Tillie said:

Have you done the Vintage Room lunch before?  I'm just curious how much wine/food they are likely to serve for this.  Also, was this worth your time/$$ for you?  We are on a "port intensive" river cruise (like most river cruises) and we are not sure if it makes any sense to do this on our "port day (every day is a port day)."

19 minutes ago, Psoque said:

Have you done the Vintage Room lunch before?  I'm just curious how much wine/food they are likely to serve for this.  Also, was this worth your time/$$ for you?  We are on a "port intensive" river cruise (like most river cruises) and we are not sure if it makes any sense to do this on our "port day (every day is a port day)."

No, I haven't done a Vintage Room lunch. On the 2 cruises I did on the Mozart there was at least one day where there was "scenic cruising" during the middle of the day. I would assume that is when they do the lunch VR. 

1 hour ago, Psoque said:

We had 2 mornings/early afternoon where we had "scenic cruising" and then late afternoons in port (Krems and Melk I believe). My cruise did not go to Budapest. Both days were "Wachau Valley" scenic cruising which is worth being outside for much of it. I would do scenic cruising over Vintage but that is me. Even then, we had a repeaters party that morning, apple torte demonstration and then lunch. During all 3 of those things, I was racing outside to get pics when we came across something scenic. Yes - it is like a port day every day. 

Edited by Coral