NCL Star questions

Yankee123

Hello All,

a few quick questions regarding NCL Star,

• when will the reservations open to reserve dinners, photo package, internet? 3 months before cruise?
  • what kind of internet service is available on NCL Star?  Is there internet package any good? Need to stay in touch with family so need video call options
  • For the photo package, can we get pictures on a flash drive instead of print? If we can, can this be booked online or onboard?
  • tender ticket for Mykonos, Santorini and Kotor - when is the best time to get in line to get tickets? Where do we get inline to get tickets?
  • all suggestions regarding the ship are appreciated 

thank ani you in advance to all

The Star is our favorite ship, but I'm afraid I don't have many answers for you. The internet service is OK, varies from place to place. Sometimes better than others. The packages are fine, but remember to log out correctly because even if you shut down your device, the system keeps running down your minutes. If that should happen, be sure to go to the Internet Cafe on deck 8 and let them know. They have been known to fix it!

As for suggestions, I'm a big fan of the Thermal Spa. It does not have a lot of the bells and whistles of other ships, so it is priced lower. It is really worth it for a relaxing spot.

Deck 6 has two favorite specialty restaurants: Le Bistro and La Cucina. Very different ambiances! They switched places during the last dry dock and put in some soundproofing in Le Bistro and keep the tables a bit farther apart. Very soothing! And La Cucina is bright and fun. Part of the kitchen is visible and that adds to the fun.

Bon Voyage!

My wife and I really like the Star.  We have sailed her 3 times including 2 transatlantic voyages.  I think we can answer some of your questions:

What kind of internet service is available on NCL Star?  Is there internet package any good? Need to stay in touch with family so need video call options?

The internet is not very fast.  If you want to video chat you will probably have to find a Wifi spot at one of the ports.  The ship cell works fine for regular phone calls and texting.

For the photo package, can we get pictures on a flash drive instead of print? If we can, can this be booked online or onboard?

Yes, you can get your photos on a flash drive.  You can buy a package either on-line or on-board.  I think you get a better deal on-board as they are generally willing to offer discounts towards the end of the cruise

When is the best time to get in line to get tickets? Where do we get inline to get tickets?

I would book them as soon as they become available, usually the day before port.  On the Star they are usually available at the Cruise Next desk or the Shore Excursion Desk next to customer service in the Atrium.  

Hope that helps a little.

Restaurant reservations open 120 days out. You can purchase the Internet packages at about 60 days out, and I don’t know about the photo package.

You will certainly tender at Santorini, but at Mykonos and Kotor you may dock or may tender depending on what other ships are in port and when you arrive. I have been to Mykonos twice and both times we docked, but it wasn’t announced that we would be doing so until very late on.

The procedure for getting tender tickets can vary so keep an eye out for information. I’ve seen tickets given out days in advance, or on the day itself.

• Like 1

Thank you. This is awesome

I had to go back to my itinerary that NCL send to confirm and they have it listed as tendering in Kotor, Mykonos and Santorini BUT I am excited now and hope we will dock in as many ports as we can.

thank you for all the information.  Even though the cruise in at the end of August, we are in full planning stages and your answers help a lot.

• Like 1

Hi Djwright0918 

We are on the August 25th sailing. 

Planning all our on board activities and excursions now. 

Good luck with the planning. I am hoping to catch more information from the cruisers before us in the roll call section also

Enjoy your trip also. thank you