Bermuda Oct Water Temp Question

Hanzo

I may have goofed on my research and as I read some older posts it looks like people are saying the water will be way too cold in October for swimming. More specifically October 21st and October 22nd. Based on several sites I came up with 75-77deg water temp, which according to other sites puts it as comfortable to swim in....but some posts here are contradicting that. Now, I understand reaction to different temps is subjective, but I want to make sure I am not totally off base here. This is the site I was looking at that talks about water temp.

https://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda_000157.htm

The site you are looking at is in India. I would rather go by a local site like:

https://www.gotobermuda.com/bermudas-weather

Comfortable water temp is as you say subjective. Late October is when water temps start to fall but most people would adjust to the temps then. Might feel cool when you step in but then okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.

I may be overthinking this. The beach where I live has a max temp of 75-80 degrees in the dead of Summer and we swim fine, so if Bermuda is even in the 75-77 degree range like both sites seem to say it should feel just like home to us in Summer. I was just worried because after looking at pics of Horseshoe Bay I couldn't imagine not immediately diving in.

Edited by Hanzo

I also see many posters who imply that water below 80-85 is too cold, while I find 70's to be fine (60's would likely feel cold to me).  I think you will be fine.

It is subjective. Lower 70’s is too cold for me. Mid 70’s are okay. In May the water temp has been too chilly for me. Did that twice and Brr. It is okay for others. I now go mid June or later. From the chart October would not be too cold for me. I don’t go in September or October for other reasons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1