Warning Gross short review. Ecstasy poo cruise!

BoDidly

On 3/4/2019 at 10:03 AM, Tapi said:

Maybe it’s because I haven’t been to a Carnival past guest party in almost a decade (when golds were still included and the party was held at the main theater with hundreds of people, where it was much more impersonal, and where waiters just walked around with 2 watered down drink selections ), but I really enjoyed the Diamond/Platinum party on the Fantasy!

Yes, it was fairly short (5:15-6:00pm) but I thought it was adequate. I really liked how much more personal it was to have an intimate group of people in a smaller lounge. I had a chance to chat with both the Cruise Director and the Captain, even if it was for a few minutes. The Captain was gracious enough to entertain my 9 year old son’s 20,000 questions about the ship with a genuine smile. 

About the entertainment, I think that having a guitarist set the proper tone for this kind of party. I respectfully don’t think I would’ve cared for a comedian. The video with all the ships was cool and I really liked it (once again, it has been almost a decade since I’d sailed on Carnival).

About drinks, they had servers taking drink orders, but they also had a table set up with plenty of liquor and beer (of good quality and variety including IPA’s). 

Maybe if I attended these parties more frequently I’d find the format dull and boring, but for someone like me returning to Carnival after so many years, it was a very positive, nice and enjoyable experience. 

PS. You had to deal with Mr. 400 days, but we had Mr. 926 days, with all of his pins on across his chest that made him look like a Boy Scout displaying all of his merit badges 😂.

I have attended more then a few and I find them much more fun and (I guess the word is intimate) then the “old” parties.  I know the argument of people getting squeezed out of these (gold level).  But they had to do something and the numbers continue to grow and they might have to do more....

On 3/4/2019 at 12:57 PM, Tapi said:

My 6yo daughter “won” the award for most ship names correct. She was so proud of herself even though I gave her all the answers. 😂

Our 9 year old grand daughter won on the Horizon in July for guessing the Jelly beans, she was ecstatic.  All good stuff.  

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Haha 1

Just returned from the March 2, 2019, 8 day cruise on the Ecstasy and the reviews are true.  Worst cruise ever!!  If you can cancel and rebook on any other ship in the fleet any deposit you lose is worth it!!  We have been on 4 previous Fantasy class ship cruises and loved them.  This ship is terrible from top to bottom.  

• Thanks 2

On 3/13/2019 at 12:42 PM, Malibubaby said:

Just returned from the March 2, 2019, 8 day cruise on the Ecstasy and the reviews are true.  Worst cruise ever!!  If you can cancel and rebook on any other ship in the fleet any deposit you lose is worth it!!  We have been on 4 previous Fantasy class ship cruises and loved them.  This ship is terrible from top to bottom.  

Sound advice 👍

• Like 1

On 3/13/2019 at 12:42 PM, Malibubaby said:

Just returned from the March 2, 2019, 8 day cruise on the Ecstasy

and the reviews are true.  Worst cruise ever!! 

We have been on 4 previous Fantasy class ship cruises and loved them.

This ship is terrible from top to bottom.  

Time to sell the danged thing! - better yet, ALANG!

Ecstasy came out in 1991, and it's time has come.!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnival_Ecstasy

Festivale ends up at Alang.JPG