Aft veranda questions Nieuw Statendam

TriumphGuy

Considering a Transatlantic on NS in 2020. (New to HAL, former Princess cruisers). 

Can anyone answer the following:

Are the aft veranda staterooms (VS category) covered, specifically on Deck 8? Other decks?

Is there a mini-fridge or cooler in the stateroom?

Can I bring aboard canned soda (tonic water, LaCroix, etc.)

Is there still a sitting area, couch, loveseat, etc. Princess is removing seating from their balcony cabins which is why we are changing lines.

Thanks for any advice!

Edited by TriumphGuy

Aft balconies are partly covered. Yes, there is a loveseat. Yes, you may bring on soda.

I don't think a veranda gets a fridge, but you might be able to rent one. Call ships services and ask.

I love a view of the wake, but for a transatlantic I'd go for midships. Better ride if it gets rough.

1 hour ago, TriumphGuy said:

Considering a Transatlantic on NS in 2020. (New to HAL, former Princess cruisers). 

Can anyone answer the following:

Are the aft veranda staterooms (VS category) covered, specifically on Deck 8? Other decks?

Is there a mini-fridge or cooler in the stateroom?

Can I bring aboard canned soda (tonic water, LaCroix, etc.)

Is there still a sitting area, couch, loveseat, etc. Princess is removing seating from their balcony cabins which is why we are changing lines.

Thanks for any advice!

There are minibars in all staterooms on the Nieuw Statendam.  You can bring as much non-alcholic beverages as you wish in your carry-on luggage.  There will be two chairs and a small drinks table on the balcony.

1 hour ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Aft balconies are partly covered. Yes, there is a loveseat. Yes, you may bring on soda.

I don't think a veranda gets a fridge, but you might be able to rent one. Call ships services and ask.

I love a view of the wake, but for a transatlantic I'd go for midships. Better ride if it gets rough.

We are also long time Princess cruisers who have decided to try HAL. The information regarding refrigerators is a little troublesome. I’m used to having a refrigerator in veranda cabins with Princess.