Looking for a Jost Van Dyke excursion from Tortola.

Pwrmaster7

Hi all, as the title states I am trying to find the above excursion. There is not one listed in myNCL for my cruise which is on the epic leaving April 13th. The port times are 8-6. Can anyone lene me some guidance? I looked at the ferry times and the way those work out i would have only a couple hours on the island because they come back to Tortola at 2 or 5pm. Thanks everyone!

1 minute ago, mppap said:

Celtic Powerboats, Captain Patrick, it is fabulous.  You are lucky you have 8 hours.  We did the excursion for 5 hours.  Patrick is amazing.  http://www.celticboats.com/  If you don't have enough people you could list it on a roll call to get more so it is affordable. 

Thx MP. Its just my wife and I so we would definitely need more people. Ill steal your idea and see if it works 🙂

We used the cruise ship excursion in January , IT was a powerboat catamaran that was really fast , we usually do outside companies but it a far ride in some chopper waters, bring cash for lunch and drinks, we ate at Gertrude beach bar and the food and drinks were great, they will try to charge you for lounge chairs ,but tell them you are going to eat and hang out there and they won't charge for the lounge chairs..Soggy dollar is really crowded but go there for souvenirs, they are also expensive...

If you can do a private company, I would go for that option.

The NCL excursion (Rebel Yell, I think) really doesn’t give you enough time since they take an early group then go back for the later group. When they arrive on Jost Van Dyke with the late group, the early group has to leave. The early group is returned to the ship and then the late group is picked up. I think it only works out to about 2-3 hours on Jost Van Dyke, not much of a beach day.

You can check with Kuralu and Foxy along with Celtic.

• 4 weeks later...

I would recommend anyone but  Patouche  and Captain Joe...we paid 1100 for  8 of us and did not get what we paid for.  He farmed us out to another charter.  When we returned home he sent an email asking how our trip went and he proceeded to call us liars and even though we did not ask nor did we expect anything in return we simply told him we were disappointed and he was a jerk ...they said we would have alcohol on the charter and there was only 3 beers for 8 of us.  This was the biggest part of our complaint but there were others.  So I'd take a hard pass.