Help from those booked on Greek 2019 cruise

cornflake girl

I’m hoping to book a Greek cruise departing in 2020 and am interested in what family excursions P&O offer in the following ports:

Athens

Souda Bay

Katakolon

Zakinthos

Would someone mind checking out their cruise personaliser and letting me know? Thanks so much!

If your family enjoys beaches you are within a couple of minutes walk of a long long beach at Katakolon.  Tavernas galore for lunch out, perhaps?

Or you can catch the train to Olympia and DIY tour around the ancient site, or take a local bus tour there - there are lots touting their wares as you leave the ship.

I can’t help with the other ports.  We did a P&O excursion to Corinth, including the canal and the ancient site.  We loved it but I wouldn’t say it was a family excursion and I’m afraid I don’t recall the price.

Many thanks to you both for your suggestions. I should, perhaps, have added more to my original post. I know that it's possible to DIY all of the ports or book on other small group tours but I am keen to know that family tours P&O offer because of our experiences last year. We thoroughly enjoyed our 4 year old son's first cruise to Italy and Croatia last year and did most ports ourselves. In Venice, we hopped on the people mover and took a water bus down the canal. Whilst this worked brilliantly, our son was exhausted after barely 3 hours in Venice and we returned to the ship. With hindsight, it may have been better to pay the over inflated cost of P&Os transfer, merely for the convenience. Likewise, in Messina, we chose not to travel to Taormina ourselves because of the walking/transfers involved and deeply regretted not going since Messina was a dive.

So, we know we can do it ourselves and we know that there are cheaper tour companies out there but, with a small child, it may be worth it to pay for the convenience of a ship tour.

Can' t see any excursions for Souda Bay with a family excursion mark, just one low level of activitely others mainly strenuos, most have  adult and child prices quoted, same for Katakolon. This for Piraeus "

Transfer to Athens with Map and Voucher

Piraeus

To have the time to do whatever you want in Athens." £30 Adults £15 children.

Which has a family sign.

Others not included in our 2019 visit.

Hope it helps

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 7:58 PM, cornflake girl said:

I’m hoping to book a Greek cruise departing in 2020 and am interested in what family excursions P&O offer in the following ports:

Athens

Souda Bay

Katakolon

Zakinthos

Would someone mind checking out their cruise personaliser and letting me know? Thanks so much!

Hi, have done these ports a number of times and am trying to think about what was on offer for families. We're a couple but will do my best here for you :-) Am guessing your little one will be about 6 come this holiday?

Have managed to find my Holiday Information packs for the last 2 Greek Island cruises we have done with P&O and found the following. Hope they are useful. I haven't included the ones where I don't think taking a little one would work at all (having done them)

Athens:

The Acropolis

Ancient Corinth and the Corinth Canal (this was amazing but perhaps the time in Corinth may not suit a little 'un … but then again it was not too long and there is loads of shade. We had lunch at a hotel that was just stunning

The Acropolis and the Plaka

Athens Panorama

Athens on your own

Corinth Canal transit (would recommend this) Basically it is a great boat ride for a little 'un and amazing for the grown ups!

Funicular and Fabulous Views (have done and would not do again)

Temple of Poseidon and the Beach (the beach looks amazing and we have booked this for 2019 with another cruise line)

Souda Bay:

Akrotiri and Chania

Vineyards and Jeeps --- not for the faint hearted

Monastery and Rethymnon

Leisurely Souda bay

Rethymnon on your own

Katalolon:

Olympia and the Beach --- we have done this and it was wonderful. We were not at Olympia too long and adults and children get the time to see something. The beach is lovely and very safe

Kourouta Beach - great beach

Simply Olympia

Sorry have never been to Zakinthos

Any questions re the excursions please ask

Edited by Presto2

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 6:32 PM, Presto2 said:

Hi, have done these ports a number of times and am trying to think about what was on offer for families. We're a couple but will do my best here for you :-) Am guessing your little one will be about 6 come this holiday?

Have managed to find my Holiday Information packs for the last 2 Greek Island cruises we have done with P&O and found the following. Hope they are useful. I haven't included the ones where I don't think taking a little one would work at all (having done them)

Athens:

The Acropolis

Ancient Corinth and the Corinth Canal (this was amazing but perhaps the time in Corinth may not suit a little 'un … but then again it was not too long and there is loads of shade. We had lunch at a hotel that was just stunning

The Acropolis and the Plaka

Athens Panorama

Athens on your own

Corinth Canal transit (would recommend this) Basically it is a great boat ride for a little 'un and amazing for the grown ups!

Funicular and Fabulous Views (have done and would not do again)

Temple of Poseidon and the Beach (the beach looks amazing and we have booked this for 2019 with another cruise line)

Souda Bay:

Akrotiri and Chania

Vineyards and Jeeps --- not for the faint hearted

Monastery and Rethymnon

Leisurely Souda bay

Rethymnon on your own

Katalolon:

Olympia and the Beach --- we have done this and it was wonderful. We were not at Olympia too long and adults and children get the time to see something. The beach is lovely and very safe

Kourouta Beach - great beach

Simply Olympia

Sorry have never been to Zakinthos

Any questions re the excursions please ask

Thank you so much for taking the time to look back at your information packs - I really appreciate it :-)

This is so helpful and really useful to have your opinion about each excursion. Thank you once again.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, cornflake girl said:

Thank you so much for taking the time to look back at your information packs - I really appreciate it :-)

This is so helpful and really useful to have your opinion about each excursion. Thank you once again.

Any questions re your trip choices please just ask -- make sure to quote us though as this e-mails us. I sometimes miss others.