Carnival Liberty Tips?

Hi everyone! 

So I don't sail out until January 2020, but I like to plan ahead haha. Any tips about Carnival Liberty? Embarkation lunch tips, drink tips, things you enjoyed, etc are appreciated! I last cruised in March 2018 on the Elation, and this will be my first trip without an experienced cruiser, so I'm very excited.

I've been on the Liberty before, and will be on her again shortly. I honestly don't believe there is that much insider knowledge to know about the ship. The only things that stuck out as frustrating to me were the massive waits for mongolian wok and Punchliner.

As I always say, try new things on the boat. Try things you know you would like. Try things you aren't sure if you'd like. Get the heck out of the room. Find something to do!

15 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

I've been on the Liberty before, and will be on her again shortly. I honestly don't believe there is that much insider knowledge to know about the ship. The only things that stuck out as frustrating to me were the massive waits for mongolian wok and Punchliner.

As I always say, try new things on the boat. Try things you know you would like. Try things you aren't sure if you'd like. Get the heck out of the room. Find something to do!

Thank you! I really only use my room to sleep, shower, and change, so I'm always up for exploring and trying new things. 

Going on the Liberty in September! Would also like to hear what other tips people have!

Some Liberty/Conquest class-specific things I've found already are:

• check out the "secret" decks towards the bow of the ship especially at sail-away
  • the area above the Lido deck dining area with the BBQ restaurant is a nice quieter spot to hang out on embarkation day
  • bring a non-surge protected power strip as the cabin only has one 120V NEMA 5-15 outlet. If you have power bricks that are full range compatible (i.e. can take 220V power) you can bring a plug adapter and have a second plug available.

18 hours ago, chui101 said:

Going on the Liberty in September! Would also like to hear what other tips people have!

Some Liberty/Conquest class-specific things I've found already are:

• check out the "secret" decks towards the bow of the ship especially at sail-away
  • the area above the Lido deck dining area with the BBQ restaurant is a nice quieter spot to hang out on embarkation day
  • bring a non-surge protected power strip as the cabin only has one 120V NEMA 5-15 outlet. If you have power bricks that are full range compatible (i.e. can take 220V power) you can bring a plug adapter and have a second plug available.

I like the idea of a quieter spot to be. 

Went on the Liberty this past September for a bachelorette party and didn’t have high expectations since it was an older ship and only a 3 day cruise. I actually really enjoyed the ship! The food was great on this ship! Comedy club was not great, that was on negative I can think of. One person we were with complained a lot of how dirty the room was, it wasn’t though 

On 3/10/2019 at 7:50 AM, jessmarieislove said:

I like the idea of a quieter spot to be. 

You'll find a quieter spot

if you go searching for the ship's token Lucky Coin.

It'll be up high, probably Sky Deck, up fwd.

near where the line for the waterslide begins!

I've found it myself, so I know it's there...

One photo below shows you're looking right at it, on the wall/bulkhead

near that ping-pong table!

LIBERTY -FwdMast-526.jpg

LibertyCoin-508.jpg

On 3/11/2019 at 3:46 PM, Aplmac said:

You'll find a quieter spot

if you go searching for the ship's token Lucky Coin.

It'll be up high, probably Sky Deck, up fwd.

near where the line for the waterslide begins!

I've found it myself, so I know it's there...

One photo below shows you're looking right at it, on the wall/bulkhead

near that ping-pong table!

LIBERTY -FwdMast-526.jpg

LibertyCoin-508.jpg

Ohhh I'll definitely be on the lookout. Thanks for the tip!!

• Like 1

On 3/10/2019 at 6:42 PM, Tjcalley said:

Went on the Liberty this past September for a bachelorette party and didn’t have high expectations since it was an older ship and only a 3 day cruise. I actually really enjoyed the ship! The food was great on this ship! Comedy club was not great, that was on negative I can think of. One person we were with complained a lot of how dirty the room was, it wasn’t though 

I only go in with the expectation of having a good time. Attitude is everything. :)