MSC new drinks packages 2019

Happy traveller8

Hi All,  last August we booked a Med cruise for this May on MSC Fantasia. Booked the aurea experience and upgraded to the ‘deluxe drinks package ‘.  Come 2019 we find out that the packages have been rebranded.  Does anyone know what the deluxe drinks package has become ? We are getting mixed reviews and answers from everywhere!  We think it should be the new ‘premier plus’ as this new package has all what the deluxe package had.  Anyone know the correct answer or had the experience already ? Thank you in advance . 

Edited by Happy traveller8
  • Like 1

Hi. We booked Seaside well over a year ago and upgraded from Aurea included package to Deluxe but final payment was around November which is when the new packages came into force. I was anxious about it but when I boarded, I confirmed at the bar that I had the correct package. It is called 536 onboard and allows access to the minibar and you can use the drinks package in the speciality restaurants. Ken

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sidari said:

You will still get the Deluxe package that you booked.

Broadly, that will equate to everything available except those drinks listed in the Connoisseur Range of the bar menus. It also includes Nicolas F champagne.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Happy traveller8 said:

We think it should be the new ‘premier plus’ as this new package has all what the deluxe package had.  Anyone know the correct answer or had the experience already ? Thank you in advance . 

This is not quite true.  The Connoisseurs' Selection was never included in the Deluxe package but is included in the new level package known as  PremiumPlus.

You will, however, be entitled to the mini-bar, which should be stocked at least once a day, plus gelato and the wonderful sundaes both on the pool deck and in Piazza San Giorgio on deck 6.  You will also be entitled to room service items other than the dinner menu and American breakfast as they are not included.

Thank you all !!!  It is much clearer now , especially the info about the connoisseurs selection ! We do not expect that selection but just what we originally booked.  So much happier about our booking.  What a great bunch of people you are!  Cheers! 

Ps ... thank you Ken regarding the code number , will see if it’s the same on Fantasia , But made a note of it ! 

Edited by Happy traveller8
Update

6 minutes ago, Happy traveller8 said:

Thank you all !!!  It is much clearer now , especially the info about the connoisseurs selection ! We do not expect that selection but just what we originally booked.  So much happier about our booking.  What a great bunch of people you are!  Cheers! 

Ps ... thank you Ken regarding the code number , will see if it’s the same on Fantasia , But made a note of it ! 

It won't be 536 on your cruise as that only applies on US sailings.  It' should be 421.

I'm a first time poster so hello to you all, and I hope someone can assist.

We're first time cruisers on MSC (the missus & I went on a cruise back in 2001 before the kids came along!) and stumbled on this site looking for info on Bellissima, on which we'll be sailing in late May.

We have the Aurea package and booked last August. The drinks package then was the 'Classic' and after reading on here in a bit of a panic about the re-grading of the packages, checked with my TA, who's confirmed MSC will honour the Classic.

My question is what that actually entails. Will we get a separate list of what is available on the Classic? Or will we just be allocated the new Premium? Hopefully the latter but, having read all the comments on here about MSC, there's not much they give away, is there...

7 minutes ago, Weby72 said:

I'm a first time poster so hello to you all, and I hope someone can assist.

We're first time cruisers on MSC (the missus & I went on a cruise back in 2001 before the kids came along!) and stumbled on this site looking for info on Bellissima, on which we'll be sailing in late May.

We have the Aurea package and booked last August. The drinks package then was the 'Classic' and after reading on here in a bit of a panic about the re-grading of the packages, checked with my TA, who's confirmed MSC will honour the Classic.

My question is what that actually entails. Will we get a separate list of what is available on the Classic? Or will we just be allocated the new Premium? Hopefully the latter but, having read all the comments on here about MSC, there's not much they give away, is there...

It will be roughly equivalent to the new premium the code on your card will tell the waiters what driks you are allowed

Yes MSC have been very quiet on what the new 2019 drink package changes are compared to the older 2018 packages . We have done plenty of research on the Internet and people on here have been very helpful. The  MSC site does not show the differences . and  have kinda hidden the old package contents. But.... It is looking like you will receive exactly what you originally booked . We have 3  emails from MSC via our cruise agent who has also had the run around from MSC.  The mails confirm we will be on the package we booked and honour them.   If that’s the case we’re happy.  And yes the code on your booking should identify what package you are on . ...fingers crossed! 

2 hours ago, ikea logistics said:

It will be roughly equivalent to the new premium the code on your card will tell the waiters what driks you are allowed

Hi. We are new to MSC with the Aurea drinks package from pre changes. As the packages are all different for what is included, how do we know which drinks are in our package? 

Thanks. 

11 minutes ago, Grandpa100 said:

Hi. We are new to MSC with the Aurea drinks package from pre changes. As the packages are all different for what is included, how do we know which drinks are in our package? 

Thanks. 

Aurea pre changes is I believe the old deluxe which if correct will be up to 12$ others will be along to confirm

Apparently the old deluxe drinks package is in between the new premium and premium plus.   It stil has the mini bar, premium drinks , room service food ,  seems the new plus package also includes connoisseur Brandys.  We have printed off what the old deluxe package included and it will be with us onboard!  I suggest anyone who is in doubt as to what they will receive after the package changes do the same . 

2 hours ago, ikea logistics said:

Aurea pre changes is I believe the old deluxe which if correct will be up to 12$ others will be along to confirm

Don't know if there's a difference between UK and US, but my TA is adamant we're on the Classic with Aurea.

I'd love the old Delux (after seeing a comparison of the old packages), but would be more than fine with the new Premium.

Not sure on the old Classic, though  :classic_laugh:

5 minutes ago, Weby72 said:

Don't know if there's a difference between UK and US, but my TA is adamant we're on the Classic with Aurea.

I'd love the old Delux (after seeing a comparison of the old packages), but would be more than fine with the new Premium.

Not sure on the old Classic, though  :classic_laugh:

my fault old aurea was with classic included which is still a fair amount of options included

The old package for Aurea was either All-Inclusive Restaurant & Bar package (currency onboard Euros) or Classic (currency onboard US$).  Aurea bookings made after the introduction of the new packages now have the Easy package.

Royc.... brilliant info . That was the same chart showing when we originally booked ( we chose Aurea and upgraded to deluxe package at the time of booking )  med cruise in May on Fantasia.   They don’t have that chart on the site anymore of course.  Printed out and  thank you l ! 

38 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

The old package for Aurea was either All-Inclusive Restaurant & Bar package (currency onboard Euros) or Classic (currency onboard US$).  Aurea bookings made after the introduction of the new packages now have the Easy package.

Are there any major differences between the two packages or is it just name only? 

Hi All,

Do you know what is the old code for Med YC cruise, if any?

We booked 1st MSC cruise in September prior to the change and we really hope to get the deluxe since I am the only one drinking alcohol as my wife and kids would only use the virgin cocktails/smoothies and off-course, the gelaton, my TA told me she got confirmation from MSC that it would be honoured, but from reading posts here, MSC is not really known as "organized" one.

I will sure take the old packages list with me.

Thanks all