Early arrival for staggered check in

chefchick

I will be flying into LAX early morning, day of my Splendor Cruise.  Since I booked this trip last minute, the only check in times available were after 1:00.  My first thought is to take Uber to the port, (which will get me there around 11:00 or earlier) but will I have to wait outside the terminal till 1:00?  Is there any advantage to taking the Carnival transfer?  I’ve gotten conflicting info that, although not the best option, they will let you check in when you arrive as a perk of purchasing the transfer...any actual experience with this at Long Beach? Any other advice?

I don't think the transfer gives you priority boarding.  The whole idea of staggered times is so that everyone doesn't show up at 11:00 and you may, or may not, have to wait.

31 minutes ago, chefchick said:

I will be flying into LAX early morning, day of my Splendor Cruise.  Since I booked this trip last minute, the only check in times available were after 1:00.  My first thought is to take Uber to the port, (which will get me there around 11:00 or earlier) but will I have to wait outside the terminal till 1:00?  Is there any advantage to taking the Carnival transfer?  I’ve gotten conflicting info that, although not the best option, they will let you check in when you arrive as a perk of purchasing the transfer...any actual experience with this at Long Beach? Any other advice?

Yes, if you take the transfers you can show up when the bus arrives at the Cruise Terminal.

Yes, if you take the transfers you can show up when the bus arrives atthe Cruise Terminal.

Thank you....so if booking the transfer online the closest option to my LAX arrival time is 10-11. Does that mean the bus won’t leave until 11:00 or till is full whichever comes first?  My flight is supposed to arrive before 9:00 so it’s a lot of waiting no matter what right?  Have you actually used the transfers before? 

21 minutes ago, chefchick said:

Yes, if you take the transfers you can show up when the bus arrives atthe Cruise Terminal.

Thank you....so if booking the transfer online the closest option to my LAX arrival time is 10-11. Does that mean the bus won’t leave until 11:00 or till is full whichever comes first?  My flight is supposed to arrive before 9:00 so it’s a lot of waiting no matter what right?  Have you actually used the transfers before? 

The buses run continuously depending on how  many passengers and when they are arriving.  Sometimes they wait a bit (never 2 hours) and sometime not.  You will need to show your transfer paperwork to enter the terminal. There will be Carnival crew waiting by the baggage carousels.