Old Pretender Beer

old fool

I love the Old Pretender beer while on the QM2 but  never seem to find it while in London??? Any specific locations for sale in London would be most appreciated???l (A exhaustive Google search has provided nothing?)

Thanks

3 hours ago, old fool said:

I love the Old Pretender beer while on the QM2 but  never seem to find it while in London??? Any specific locations for sale in London would be most appreciated???l (A exhaustive Google search has provided nothing?)

Thanks

I just did a quick search for you (having a break from packing for my cruise) and discovered that it's a U.S. beer made by a micro brewery called 'Black Bridge Brewery'. They are in Arizona. The beer is aged in old rum barrels (I think they mean they were previously used for rum and not 'rum' in the english use of the word!). So maybe an excuse for a holiday for you in Arizona?

On 3/15/2019 at 11:48 PM, LittleFish1976 said:

I just did a quick search for you (having a break from packing for my cruise) and discovered that it's a U.S. beer made by a micro brewery called 'Black Bridge Brewery'. They are in Arizona. The beer is aged in old rum barrels (I think they mean they were previously used for rum and not 'rum' in the english use of the word!). So maybe an excuse for a holiday for you in Arizona?

No, not "rum" in the English use.  😀 There are several micros in the US that age beer in barrels previously used for rum or bourbon. 

That's the problem with trying new beers or wines when you travel--you can't get them at home. 

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder

On 3/15/2019 at 10:48 PM, LittleFish1976 said:

Well, that might explain why you cannot find it in London.