Bottles of Wine

schevel

Boarding Epic @ Port Canaveral on March 30th. I have read there is no limit on paying cork fee and bringing wine onboard. With all of the changes that have recently, has anyone taken more than 2 bottles of wine on board and paid cork fee? We would like to bring 2 each for my spouse and me, but really don't want to leave nice wine in car for a week if we are held to 2 bottles per cabin.

2 hours ago, schevel said:

Boarding Epic @ Port Canaveral on March 30th. I have read there is no limit on paying cork fee and bringing wine onboard. With all of the changes that have recently, has anyone taken more than 2 bottles of wine on board and paid cork fee? We would like to bring 2 each for my spouse and me, but really don't want to leave nice wine in car for a week if we are held to 2 bottles per cabin.

There is no limit. But you must hand carry the wine and pay the corkage of $15 per bottle as you go through security (regardless of where the wine is consumed). 

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

There is no limit. But you must hand carry the wine and pay the corkage of $15 per bottle as you go through security (regardless of where the wine is consumed). 

That's one big difference between NCL and Royal Caribbean.  We went on Royal last July, and we were allowed to bring on 2 bottles per stateroom, we had 3 cabins, so we brought 6 bottles.  They "supposedly" charge corkage, but nowhere was I charged, or even questioned about it.  I brought a bottle 5 out of 7 nights to the MDR and they were happy to decant and serve.  Granted, I did open the bottles earlier in the day to let them breathe, but again, nobody said boo about it!  I even popped a bottle of Champagne with my wife on the helicopter pad which was truly a great experience!

I think NCL and Princess are the only ones to let you bring more than ~2 bottles per cabin onboard at embarkation. Princess has no charge for the first bottle, but then charges corkage on all additional bottles. NCL charges from the first bottle. You cannot bring on local wines for consumption in any port.

The only line I know that allows you to bring on beer (limited to six cans or bottles) and wine (limited to two bottles) in each port is Disney. You pay the $25 corkage only if you consume it outside of your cabin. That's a good benefit if you enjoy wine or beer in your cabin.