My Edge Review 3/3/2019 - 3/10/2019 Sailing

bacm

12 hours ago, lovrccl said:

We are packed and leave Sunday. We also thought of cancelling but now hope we enjoy it. We will review when we get back.

Looking forward to your review...esp with screen name lovrccl...You will probably enjoy it...lots of Royal C influences.  We liked EDGE.

Bon Voyage!

Edited by hcat

Although you can download the app before you get on the ship, the app only works while on the ship. Once on the ship, there is a tab to link users. You must enter a cabin number & their date of birth. If everyone has downloaded the app, when you call up 1 person in a cabin, all individuals in that cabin should pop up. You must then link yourself to those individuals & they must link themselves to you. You should then text them (through the app, not your phone texting) and they should text you back to know that the link was established. Sometimes the app froze & shutting off the phone & turning it back on helped. The Tech guy on board is wonderful, but there is only 1 guy & the line is so long the first couple of days.

• Like 1

Thank you for posting your very helpful review. I’m happy to see that you had a positive experience (other than the extremely rude and unprofessional server in FCG). I hope we don’t encounter that person in FCG next month. 

Like you, we have followed the Edge build since the beginning. We were intrigued by possibilities of the IV cabin, so I booked one the morning of the schedule release. I have subsequently been dismayed by so many negative reviews of the cabin class. My greatest concern has been the reports that the IV window remains locked (by the Captain) for hours at a time. How often were you unable to open your IV window? 

As some had reported locked windows, I too wondered how often it would happen to us. However, over the entire week, we never encountered our access locked. It may have been & we didn’t even know it, but it never presented a problem to us.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bacm said:

As some had reported locked windows, I too wondered how often it would happen to us. However, over the entire week, we never encountered our access locked. It may have been & we didn’t even know it, but it never presented a problem to us.

I never encountered this either.  I was worried we wouldn't be able to open the window when we wanted but it was never an issue.  The button was a little finicky but it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

• Thanks 1

On the March 3 sailing we probably had it locked 3-4 times. One day as for cleaning the windows and think that was a few hours, another was weather related with rain. Never really an issue. Never closed the inside glass doors. As far as cabin we found it to be quite pleasant re:  decor, functional, good size bathroom and shower, lots of storage areas etc. Usually stay in Aqua or suites and found the IV a good experience. 

Noticed the first two days the blinds as well as the window were a little noisy but obviously the steward noticed as well and must have had lubricated as was very quiet after that.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lauder said:

On the March 3 sailing we probably had it locked 3-4 times. One day as for cleaning the windows and think that was a few hours, another was weather related with rain. Never really an issue. Never closed the inside glass doors. As far as cabin we found it to be quite pleasant re:  decor, functional, good size bathroom and shower, lots of storage areas etc. Usually stay in Aqua or suites and found the IV a good experience. 

Noticed the first two days the blinds as well as the window were a little noisy but obviously the steward noticed as well and must have had lubricated as was very quiet after that.

Thanks for the helpful info!🙂

Thanks very much to everyone who responded to my question about how often they found their IV windows locked (locked by the captain). I’m not thrilled about the possibility of finding it locked for long periods, as we do use our veranda each day. I do appreciate having clean windows, but fail to see why window cleaning requires the windows to be locked for several hours. At least we’d be in port on those occasions. My greatest concern is the possibility of finding my window locked when I need fresh air (to ward off motion sickness). Fresh air helps me at such times, which is why I pay a premium (over an Ocean View) for a functional veranda door/window. We’ll spend 15 days in our IV, and we’ll cross the Atlantic, so fingers crossed that we’ll find that it’s a non-issue🙂 

5 hours ago, Silkroad said:

I’m not thrilled about the possibility of finding it locked for long periods, as we do use our veranda each day. I do appreciate having clean windows, but fail to see why window cleaning requires the windows to be locked for several hours. At least we’d be in port on those occasions. 🙂 

They told us we'd have window cleaning and we didn't go into port that day so I was worried.  They must have started right away and were several windows down when I checked to see if we could open our window or not and we could.  So, my best guess if it was locked - must have been less than an hour.

• Thanks 1