Looking for an all Inclusive Resort with NCL options and Haven service

coondogg97

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong area, it is kind of an odd questions so I didn't know where to put it.

We have been cruising for years and the last few cruises we have stayed in a Haven (Breakaway, Escape & Bliss). We are looking to take a land vacation and go to an all inclusive resort. We have only done this once (Couples Resort in Negril) and although it was fun, it didn't come close to a cruise. The food, the bar options and the entertainment couldn't compare. But my wife would like to try another land vacation so I have turned to this forum for advice. Does anyone have any experience with an all inclusive, or even a non-all inclusive that would come close to what an NCL Haven has to offer in terms of service and options.

Thank you

Hey Laszlo, thanks for the fast reply. I've Googled this topic a lot before and that's how we came upon Couples Resort. Which was nothing like a cruise. There are so many to choose from and I don't know what to look for. Top shelf alcohol, entertainment, restaurants, concierge service, aggghh! It seems like we're in the same area. I am a little less than an hour west of Philly. Do you have any recommendations? Recently I was looking at Valentin Imperial Maya, Mexico and I have read a lot of good things about the Zoetry resorts.

5 minutes ago, coondogg97 said:

Hey Laszlo, thanks for the fast reply. I've Googled this topic a lot before and that's how we came upon Couples Resort. Which was nothing like a cruise. There are so many to choose from and I don't know what to look for. Top shelf alcohol, entertainment, restaurants, concierge service, aggghh! It seems like we're in the same area. I am a little less than an hour west of Philly. Do you have any recommendations? Recently I was looking at Valentin Imperial Maya, Mexico and I have read a lot of good things about the Zoetry resorts.

We have been to two, sorry can't remember their names. They were great. Trip Advisor is your friend! Your right their are a LOT to choose from Lol

Are you Chester or Lancaster county? I'm in Montgomery county

Edited by Laszlo

2 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

Yea, you won't find a forum for All Inclusive land resorts since this is CRUISE critic.   (kidding).

Go to websites like Fodors or Trip Advisor for helpful forums.

Haha, I know but I've been here long enough to know you people know everything when it comes to vacationing. I will check out Fodors, thank you.

3 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

We have been to two, sorry can't remember their names. They were great. Trip Advisor is your friend! Your right their are a LOT to choose from Lol

Are you Chester or Lancaster county? I'm in Montgomery county

I am on the boarder of Chester County in the Phoenixville area. 

Just now, coondogg97 said:

Haha, I know but I've been here long enough to know you people know everything when it comes to vacationing. I will check out Fodors, thank you.

I am on the boarder of Chester County in the Phoenixville area. 

My brother lives in Chester Springs

Ok, I still prefer cruising but you can check out reviews for the Moon Palace south of Cancun.  All inclusive including drinks, multiple restaurants, “shows”, different pools,  etc., and a more exclusive section you will have to pay extra for.  Multiple excurisions you can pay with included “resort credits” plus a 16% “tax” (read lots of trip advisor reviews to know how that works or you will feel ripped off).  There used to be the ability for a VIP or Diamond member to book a room for you for extra perks, but that may have been phased out. Booking through Costco if offered can get you their cash card and perhaps free airfare (try booking with and without).  Have fun!

Edited by WestfieldTraveler
Clarity

I stayed at the Majestic Elegance in Punta Cana for a wedding 3 years ago.  There are different levels of accomodations, some which include a butler.  There were several options for entertainment each night and about 5 restaurants.  I thought the food was on a level with the specialty restaurants on NCL.  The suites were amazing, upper level rooms had separate living rooms, big outdoor balconies, and the bathrooms had really nice rainforest shower heads and several other jets beyond that.  The best part was that the pool was not taken over with screaming children and the resort had to-die-for day beds around their several pools.  I would definitely go back.  For a splurge, see if you can rent a catamaran with about another 8 people.  Might be about 400, but for me it was an experience I will always remember.  Not jam packed like the catamaran trips that are shore excursions from cruise ships.

Our daughter and her boyfriend just stayed at Beloved Playa Mujeres outside of Cancun. It’s an adult only resort, and they said it was wonderful.  They said they were waited on hand and foot all week, the food was really good and they loved their room with its own wading pool on the second story. If you’re looking for a lot of nightlife you won’t find it though.  They do have some sort of entertainment every evening but no nightclub open all night.