Viking Orion - Bangkok, Bali & Beyond

Hockeyump

Actually this is Bali to Bangkok but not of importance.  We flew in from London Heathrow via Dubai with a 6 hour layover so a travelling time of 24 hours so a bit zonked.   Bali airport was chaotic but Viking reps everywhere acknowledging you and making sure you went in the right direction.  Embarkation was a breeze, plenty of staff and very organised.  Spending the evening unpacking, getting our bearings on the ship, a quick bite to eat in the World Cafe at the noodle station by the Aquavit bar thanks to a CC recommendation and then a couple of drinks in the Explorer Lounge.  That was very quiet and so had a really good discussion with an American guest.  UK v USA, not saying what we talked about!  Not doing any organised tours tomorrow, just mooching around.  Will update later.

• Like 2

Look forward to hearing more. We are doing this itinerary in March 2021.

As you’re from the U.K. (like us), assume flights were provided as part of the fare? If so, which airline were you on and did you upgrade your flights?

1 hour ago, Geoffa30 said:

Look forward to hearing more. We are doing this itinerary in March 2021.

As you’re from the U.K. (like us), assume flights were provided as part of the fare? If so, which airline were you on and did you upgrade your flights?

We booked about 18 months ahead through our travel agent and said we wanted business class flights.  As soon as she was able she chased Viking and we were offered Emirates via Dubai which was cheaper than the offer of Thai.  Only downside was a 6 hour layover there but can't have everything.  I think a problem is flights into Bali as no way we were flying Garruda.

A guest on the first on the Nov 18 cruise (first one) posted on facebook with a review of each of the ports that I put into a word document.  When I get home I will update it with our views and if you give me your email address I can send it to you.

Feel free to ask any specific questions!

Hi.  We are booked on the Bangkok to Bali November 29th this year.  I am really interested in hearing about the ports.  We did Viking into the midnight sun last year, so we are familiar with the ships.  I have read some not so good reviews about the port visits, so am interested in hearing from someone who is doing it currently.

12 hours ago, DianneEM said:

Hi.  We are booked on the Bangkok to Bali November 29th this year.  I am really interested in hearing about the ports.  We did Viking into the midnight sun last year, so we are familiar with the ships.  I have read some not so good reviews about the port visits, so am interested in hearing from someone who is doing it currently.

When I am back I will send you the updated port thoughts as I will add mine to the one I have from a guest on the Nov 18 cruise.  Can you let me have your email address please.

Currently a sea day to Singapore from Jakarta and off to lunch at the World Cafe.

• 4 years later...