Premium all inclusive for Brits

purplecow15

https://shipmonk.co.uk/2019/03/25/after-two-years-ncl-drops-premium-all-inclusive-programme-for-free-at-sea-offers/?fbclid=IwAR2vwSm1smAlbbaVoDR7_1UZfPUU1MmDELApx-Be0pmiqyJtdIOZREycb7Q

Not British myself but thought this might be of some interest .

Norwegian Cruise Line is dropping its Premium All Inclusive programme for Britons after announcing it in a fanfare two years ago.

I only found out about this last night.

Premium All Inclusive is scrapped from April 1 2019 after that we can have the Free at Sea perks, any two for balcony and below and all 5 for Haven, Suites etc. This comes at a price and that price is £99 per person.

In theory this should actually lead to a reduction in prices as everything that was included now isn't. However knowing NCL we'll probably find that prices remain the same and we'll have to pay DSC and £99 on top. We lose the litre of bottled water each a day and the speciality coffees with meals, there is still the option to choose a WiFi package as part of the £99 at Sea deal.

I'll have to wait until April 2 to see if there is any difference in price.

We have already booked to go in September, Premium All Inclusive including Beverage Package, Coffee, Wifi And OBC

How will this affect us? I see you now get 3 pack of speciality dining in Balcony & Suites too

TIA

20 minutes ago, Dazzwick said:

We have already booked to go in September, Premium All Inclusive including Beverage Package, Coffee, Wifi And OBC

How will this affect us? I see you now get 3 pack of speciality dining in Balcony & Suites too

TIA

Will not affect you at all - you will get what was offered in your original booking. If you want to have the Free at Sea instead, you would have to cancel your original reservation and then rebook - and having to pay a cancellation fee according to your original confirmation. 

I have booked through NCL UK and via a USA based PCC introduced to us by US friends

advantage of US PCC is can take advantage of price drops before final payment with no loss of deposit

however have to compare prices USA and UK as not always like for like

USA shows low base price but then add on port taxes etc and "free perks" such as UBP or dining package attracts 20% gratuity

with premium all inclusive I booked via UK as simpler and knew no extras to pay

however with this new system will reach out to both USA and UK again to compare

the litre of bottled water per day was way excessive for us-joked we could sell the extras to fellow passengers!

speciality coffees in restaurants also a joke-I like a latte coffee in the morning not after my last meal of day-would have been better t be able t redeem in morning at coffee shop in atrium

will be waiting with bated breath along with others for the prices!

46 minutes ago, fabnfortysomething said:

I have booked through NCL UK and via a USA based PCC introduced to us by US friends

advantage of US PCC is can take advantage of price drops before final payment with no loss of deposit

however have to compare prices USA and UK as not always like for like

USA shows low base price but then add on port taxes etc and "free perks" such as UBP or dining package attracts 20% gratuity

with premium all inclusive I booked via UK as simpler and knew no extras to pay

however with this new system will reach out to both USA and UK again to compare

the litre of bottled water per day was way excessive for us-joked we could sell the extras to fellow passengers!

speciality coffees in restaurants also a joke-I like a latte coffee in the morning not after my last meal of day-would have been better t be able t redeem in morning at coffee shop in atrium

will be waiting with bated breath along with others for the prices!

Just wanted to mention that on our last cruise booked with Premium All Inclusive (September 2018), I got the specialty coffe included at ALL meals not only after dinner. 

10 minutes ago, TrumpyNor said:

Just wanted to mention that on our last cruise booked with Premium All Inclusive (September 2018), I got the specialty coffe included at ALL meals not only after dinner. 

interesting

remember you from previous cruise-hope to sail with you again

• Like 1