Cabins for 5?

5 minutes ago, mama_2_boys said:

Never cruised Royal before but looking at 2020 cruises. Do any ships have rooms for 5? If not what is the next best option?

I belive there are rooms for 5, as in suites. Those you have to call in to get a qoute on.

But it might also be worth checking to see if 2 cabins are better. Might be cheaper than a suite.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, OCruisers said:

Agree with the above!

By getting two cabins, you'd have two bathrooms which will come in handy with five people!  :classic_wink:

I might be wrong, but doesn't many of the suites have two bathrooms?

16 minutes ago, mama_2_boys said:

Never cruised Royal before but looking at 2020 cruises. Do any ships have rooms for 5? If not what is the next best option?

You might want to know which ships so you can check itineraries, but norhel is right, you can't book them on line.  Ships with family ocean views (can sleep 6) include: Radiance, Voyager, Freedom, Oasis (as well as Vision of the Seas, Rhapsody of the Seas, and Enchantment of the Seas). There are family insides as well, they also sleep 6. Found on Freedom class and Oasis class ships. Family promenade staterooms on Freedom, again sleeps 6. After that you can consider suites or two adjoining or two connecting staterooms. Again if you go to book on line two staterooms adjoining or connecting the website will make you put an adult in each cabin, but if you call we never had an issue putting our kids in connecting staterooms without an adult in each room. Don't worry, if they make you do that you just switch the sleeping arrangements once on board.

• Like 3

The Oasis class and above have regular cabins that sleep 5. We are staying in one in a week and I will report back! The suites and even the family cabins can be pricey, and we are on a budget. We know it will be tight but stayed all in one room on many vacations before.

You do have to call to book and I would check the deck plans before you call...almost every rep I spoke to said they only had the spacious ocean views and then when I asked about a specific room number that was marked as sleeping 5, were surprised it existed. More space would be nice, but for us it was less than half price with the kids sail free and the only way we could afford to all go!