Sea Sports Belize - snorkelling vendor while in Belize port

JP-Cruise

We had booked with them a couple of years ago. We cancelled when we found out (from sea sports) that as snorkelers, we would be "dropped off" and then the boat would take the divers to another location in the water. So I don't have a personal experience with them to share. I did use this page to vet them before we booked. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g291968-d660871-Reviews-Sea_Sports_Belize-Belize_City_Belize_District.html

20 hours ago, Athankfulheart said:

We had booked with them a couple of years ago. We cancelled when we found out (from sea sports) that as snorkelers, we would be "dropped off" and then the boat would take the divers to another location in the water. So I don't have a personal experience with them to share. I did use this page to vet them before we booked. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g291968-d660871-Reviews-Sea_Sports_Belize-Belize_City_Belize_District.html

They were gonna drop you guys off? In a remote location? But with the guide right?? I hope lol 

3 minutes ago, Athankfulheart said:

Yes with a guide. We are experienced snorkelers but that wasnt ok with me. 

No that sounds sketchy. What if something happens to one of the snorkellers like they get a leg cramp or something. There’s nowhere to swim to for safety? 

31 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Sea Sport has a good rep for diving.  Wasn't aware of snorkeling, but just dropping you off and going away to a dive site isn't the best arrangement.

JP-Cruise---did you look into Coral Breeze yet?

I sure did. I checked their website. There schedule for July which is when Im going isn’t posted yet. I emailed them and they said their July schedule will be available in a couple of weeks. I’ll most likely go with them since a lot of good reviews I read on trip advisor :)

Thanks crewsweeper ;)

5 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Yeah they do wait a while before listing the excursion dates.  I think I booked the wife's April in February.  It wasn't up in January.  Just check back every couple of weeks. 

Will do