Valor and Glory in New Orleans

Geargoesdown

I just noticed that carnival has both the Valor and Glory leaving New Orleans on May 11.  I’ve never seen carnival have two ships depart on the same day before.  The port gets busy enough with just one ship in town, can’t imagine what it would be like with two at the carnival port. 

Anyone seen this in New Orleans before?

46 minutes ago, Geargoesdown said:

I just noticed that carnival has both the Valor and Glory leaving New Orleans on May 11.  I’ve never seen carnival have two ships depart on the same day before.  The port gets busy enough with just one ship in town, can’t imagine what it would be like with two at the carnival port. 

Anyone seen this in New Orleans before?

Deleted. Posted wrong place. :classic_tongue:

Edited by Bookbug53

NOLA has had the Dream and NCL's Breakaway departing on the same day.  No, the infrastructure isn't sufficient, like most things in NOLA it's a huge cluster, but they manage to make it work.

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

My bet is that’s a misprint. Glory should be in every Sunday and Valor should Mon-Sat, Sat-Thu, Thu-Mon deal.

I’m on the Glory that is a 8 day sat-sun. And the Valor is also departing on Sat.  Not sure if they are going to use the Julia terminal for one?  Also, I think the Dream is returning on Sunday.  That parking garage at Erato street will be packed!

2 minutes ago, Geargoesdown said:

I’m on the Glory that is a 8 day sat-sun. And the Valor is also departing on Sat.  Not sure if they are going to use the Julia terminal for one?  Also, I think the Dream is returning on Sunday.  That parking garage at Erato street will be packed!

They’d have to use Julia street. I’ve seen it. Just not with two carnival ships.

4d55bbaad889961cdefe8d9f3f65b855.jpg

0c5c80082fb5f02d8110bded57fdc0bd.jpg

We have sailed out with two ships at the NOLA port (Carnival and Norwegian), and no issues.  The Glory and Valor are mid-sized ships (about 3000 passengers each), as compared to the Dream and Breakway (4000+ passengers each).  New Orleans is a great city!  Enjoy the River Walk, cafe au lait with beignets (or a Pat O-Brien's hurricane to knock out any stress)!  No worries!

2 hours ago, stormy_weatherman said:

I was on the Conquest back in October 2013 when Tropical Storm Karen cut the 7 day cruise a day short, causing us to leave NOLA on a Monday instead of Sunday. This meant we were in port with and left just ahead of the Elation, which was on a 5 day run to Mexico.

I was on that Elation cruise. We got cut from a 5 day to Mexico to a 3 day cruise to nowhere.