Just off the Royal. Great time had by all...but..

Rollexx1910

Just off the Royal. Had a wonderful time with family. 10 in our extended group. There were a couple issues however. I seen a post before we left about some confusion with beverage program and crew no being up to speed on procedures. We found the same thing. Son and his family had booked the sip and sail package. It was hit or miss if they got charged. Had to have several charges reversed. Just a minor inconvenience in the long run. 

I do have a bone to pick with the host in the Symphony Dining room though. She really needs an attitude adjustment. First night we all get there at 5:30. Request table for 10. She seemed to be put out by the request. Anyways we were seated immediately and had a great meal. Second night same host. Was there when they opened. My son asked this time for table and he got the same attitude. Seated immediately again. 

Now here’s what kinda pissed me off. After another nice dinner with great staff the head waiter at table told us we could reserve his table for next night. Great!! So when we leave my daughter in law asks the host. “We don’t do that.  It’s first come first serve. “. Hmmm ok no biggie, we will just get there early and request table 62 if it’s still available, Ok we get there early, about 4 couples ahead of us. Request table number 62.. no can do.. “that table is reserved “.  LOL.   Not once did I see this woman smile. Oh well still had a great time. Room steward was fantastic. 

Rollexx1910,  glad you had nice crew with your family.  For you issue in the dining room.  If you could have reported this rude waitsaff the ship hotel mgr will re-assign her. She should not be dealing with public like that attitude.

Was this lady at the door of the dining room quite tall with a very short hairstyle and glasses from Eastern Europe?

We just had 49 days on Royal and tried to avoid her,  seemed like she might have been an MP in a former job.....

Our favorite head waiter ZaZa  came on board Royal just before Los Angeles, she is such a nice welcoming person, nothing is too much trouble, I think they may have assigned ZaZa to run Alfredos now.

9 hours ago, Griller said:

Was this lady at the door of the dining room quite tall with a very short hairstyle and glasses from Eastern Europe?

We just had 49 days on Royal and tried to avoid her,  seemed like she might have been an MP in a former job.....

Our favorite head waiter ZaZa  came on board Royal just before Los Angeles, she is such a nice welcoming person, nothing is too much trouble, I think they may have assigned ZaZa to run Alfredos now.

No, this was a short Asian woman. 

14 hours ago, Griller said:

We met ZAZa yesterday after embarkation and ate At Alfredo’s.   She’s wonderful!