Stockholm ABBA Museum DIY ?

Hi ,

we are on the Serenade in July and want to do the ABBA Museum on our own. Is it doable in half a day to check in at the ship, leave the bags there and go to the museum? Ship is in Stockholm overnight, but we want to be back for the 2nd seating Dinner.

Any advices would be helpful! 🙂

9 minutes ago, Summer35 said:

Hi ,

we are on the Serenade in July and want to do the ABBA Museum on our own. Is it doable in half a day to check in at the ship, leave the bags there and go to the museum? Ship is in Stockholm overnight, but we want to be back for the 2nd seating Dinner.

Here is a link to information about the museum. Note that it state's that visits take about 2 hours.

https://www.abbathemuseum.com/en/visit/the-museum/

The hours vary by date and by day of the week; click on the "here" under opening hours. With that information and the directions you should be able to figure out whether it is doable or not. (You don't say what time you plan on checking in at the ship.)

17 hours ago, Summer35 said:

Hi ,

Yes totally doable. Your ship will be at Frihamnen F638 berth. Bus 76 from Frihamnen to Djurgårdsbron.
Switch to tram 7 towards Djurgården Waldemarsudde. The the journey takes about 15-20 minutes.

During peak times (usually weekends, holidays or when cruise ships are in port), you should pre-order/pre-purchase your tickets and select the time that you want to appear.

My visit was during the non-cruise season, on a weekday -  I chose my entry 30 minutes after the museum opening time. I was fortunate in that there was no line.  Once you are inside, you can stay as long as you wish (up until closing time).  The "virtual" karaoke with ABBA is hilarious if you happen to catch enthusiastic fans "on stage". 

• Like 1

Thank you all for your help. 😍

Our flight arrives at about 10.30 in Stockholm. I dont know how much time it takes to the ship , we have a transfer with RCI. We want to go to town as soon as possible, we have only a small carry-on bag which we can take without problems with us, so we just have to check in our luggage and us ...:-)....

• 2 months later...
On 4/12/2019 at 2:52 PM, Desdichado62 said:

Yes totally doable. Your ship will be at Frihamnen F638 berth. Bus 76 from Frihamnen to Djurgårdsbron.
Switch to tram 7 towards Djurgården Waldemarsudde. The the journey takes about 15-20 minutes.

Thank you , that helps us a lot ! 🙂

• Like 1