Deluxe Inside Cabin

catzgirl

Hi,

I'm hoping that someone may be able to enlighten me on what is above the deluxe cabin (Deck 1 - 1073), I can't quite work it out? the past 4 four trips on QV we have always booked a balcony cabin, so cabins above and under, alas this year, owing to other commitments we have opted to try the deluxe inside, although I have read that they are very nice.  Just a tad worried that it is going to be very noisy?..... reaching out to anyone who has stayed in this particular cabin, I would love your feedback if at all possible?

Thank you in advance,

Catz X

I have stayed next door in 1081 on a QV transatlantic and found the room to be as quiet as on any other deck.  The only time there may be noise is momentary when some are passing through before/after events in the Royal Court Theatre.  The entrance to the theatre on this deck gains access to the front of the theatre and is used by fewer theater-goers than the main entrance on Deck 2.   Also, most choose to use the elevators and stairs directly outside the theatre to reach the upper decks. 

I had a Deluxe inside on my first trip on QV.  To be honest, I don't think they are that much better than a normal inside.  I now go for the bog standard inside.  There are plenty of nice places to sit, so I don't see the point of having a sofa in an inside cabin. 

You will be very pleasantly surprised by the size. My daughter used to have one when booking for 4, when the children were small, but have now progressed to two separate cabins as they are teenagers.  I am sure there have been photos posted on this board, so it might be worth doing a search.

We choose a deluxe inside as our cabin of choice. They are larger than even the balcony cabins as they are square as opposed to rectangular and  therefore have a larger usuable floor area.  They are very popular and sell out quite quickly especially on longer voyages.

We spent 75 nights in one last year and were very happy with it.   We have others booked for our future voyages including a 78 night and and 108 night.  They will accommodate a clothes rail if required.They are ideally situated for the Britannia Restaurant, the Theatre and the Golden Lion.  The nearest laundrette is on Deck 4

The starboard cabins are quiet and we have stayed in several of them as they are either under the Voyage sales office or the annex to the Queens Room.  We had a problem with 1048 last year as this was directly under the band in the Queens Room and 1021 once a week the Jazz Night in the pub can be heard in the cabin.

We believe they are well worth the extra and only regret similar cabins are not available on QM2.