wine packages

waughy

question for those that buy the wine packages

if you get the case of wine delivered to your room do you just take the bottle to he restaurant of your choice?  can they be taken to the bars? 

also do i just get a selection of the bottles available or can i choose the bottles i would like at time of booking? 

thanks

Angela

It doesn’t work like that

You actually get a ‘carnet’ (as the French would say) of vouchers.  Small enough to slip in your pocket/evening bag.  You chose your wine at the table, hand over a signed docket and your wine waiter will get it for you.

If you don’t finish at dinner you can elect to have it stored for tomorrow, or take it with you for the evening or take it back to your cabin.

That’s basically it.  There will be small variations between Fixed and Freedom dining and between ships but the carnet system is universal

1 hour ago, eddie11 said:

It doesn’t work like that

You actually get a ‘carnet’ (as the French would say) of vouchers.  Small enough to slip in your pocket/evening bag.  You chose your wine at the table, hand over a signed docket and your wine waiter will get it for you.

If you don’t finish at dinner you can elect to have it stored for tomorrow, or take it with you for the evening or take it back to your cabin.

That’s basically it.  There will be small variations between Fixed and Freedom dining and between ships but the carnet system is universal

Thank you, so basically a voucher for a bottle of wine? do i pick the wine at the venue or is the voucher for a specific wine?  

Chose your wine from the wine list on the table.  The voucher is for a bottle of wine, not a specific wine.  There Is a range of wine in each of the two packages.  A reasonable selection and usually they’re all available.

The website used to be helpful and illustrate the wines available.  If it’s on the new, allegedly improved, website I haven’t found it yet.  

Once on board, I phone the wine line, and order my package.

I then order my wine for the first night, out of that package.

So when I go to my table it is already sitting there.

I then tell my Wine waiter which bottle I want for the next night.

And so on

Works for me

21 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Once on board, I phone the wine line, and order my package.

I then order my wine for the first night, out of that package.

So when I go to my table it is already sitting there.

I then tell my Wine waiter which bottle I want for the next night.

And so on

Works for me

I am glad it works for you but it wouldn’t work for me because I like to decide what I am going to be eating before choosing a wine to match with it. My wife often prefers white to match with fish whereas I usually prefer red to go with meat. A good selection of drinkable wines are available by the glass and a large glass is usually sufficient unless in one of the speciality restaurants where the meal is more leisurely and only a bottle will do.