Cruise Critic Community
NSAHO79

Buffet or Cafeteria style?

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

It may also be that Carnival cruises are generally short. By the time someone notices noro symptoms they are probably already off the ship...

Good point. The times I was on a ship with noro were longer than a week, but I don't recall when it started. If memory serves, it would have been maybe halfway through a 10-14 day cruise. When we got it on QE2 15 years ago, it was at the end of a 12 day cruise. We hadn't heard anything about it onboard, so I think we were at the start of an outbreak. Transcanal, and we got off in LA. I later heard lots of passengers who stayed on to Hawaii got sick. 

I don't know that the CDC reporting trigger is, but it's possible that HAL admits there's a potential outbreak before that percent is reached. As I said in an earlier post, HAL seems to believe in "an abundance of caution." 

1 hour ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Good point. The times I was on a ship with noro were longer than a week, but I don't recall when it started. If memory serves, it would have been maybe halfway through a 10-14 day cruise. When we got it on QE2 15 years ago, it was at the end of a 12 day cruise. We hadn't heard anything about it onboard, so I think we were at the start of an outbreak. Transcanal, and we got off in LA. I later heard lots of passengers who stayed on to Hawaii got sick. 

I don't know that the CDC reporting trigger is, but it's possible that HAL admits there's a potential outbreak before that percent is reached. As I said in an earlier post, HAL seems to believe in "an abundance of caution." 

Here is the reporting criteria:

https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/surv/gilist.htm

Posted (edited)

Read the Celebrity thread on people licking their fingers then reaching for the tongs.

HAL does it right.

Edited by Jammu2
Add link

7 minutes ago, Jammu2 said:

Read the Celebrity thread on people licking their fingers then reaching for the tongs.

HAL does it right.

EWWW!