Coral Princess Sailing from Port Everglades on April 20, 2019

rkacruiser

Was this on/near the bow or just somewhere along the side?

On a vessel her size with a stark white hull even the most inconsequential glancing blow could leave quite a noticeable mark.

A minor scrape is no reason to conjure up the thought of damages worthy of the scrap yard (see what I did there 🤐)

1 hour ago, fishywood said:

On a vessel her size with a stark white hull even the most inconsequential glancing blow could leave quite a noticeable mark.

A minor scrape is no reason to conjure up the thought of damages worthy of the scrap yard (see what I did there 🤐)

What I saw extended sporadically for some distance along the side, including the aft part of the ship.  I did not see anything unusual on/near the bow.  

My guess when I saw it was a side-scrapping of a dock , maybe due to wind blowing against the starboard side that the Bridge team had difficulty countering.

Scrapping because of such?  Ridiculous!  I'd suggest the Staff Captain delegate some sailors to get their paint buckets and re-paint those areas when Coral Princess is in a port.

1 hour ago, fishywood said:

And that my friends is how rumours start. You are a bit of a 😈 but I like it 😉.

Theo

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

As she sailed, the Port Everglades and Fort Lauderdale web cams showed some scrapping damage to the port side of Coral Princess, close to the waterline.  Any one know what was the cause of that damage?

Oh for pete's sake I was only making a play on the inadvertent misspelling in the opening post which resulting in the verbal adjective form of scrap being used instead of scrape.

Perhaps one is supposed to give up sarcasm for this weekend...

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, fishywood said:

Oh for pete's sake I was only making a play on the inadvertent misspelling in the opening post which resulting in the verbal adjective form of scrap being used instead of scrape.

Perhaps one is supposed to give up sarcasm for this weekend...

Lighten up!  All of us who post on whatever message boards make boo-boos on our typing.  Of course, Coral Princess has many much more water to pass under her keel before the breakers will see her.

Scrape along her port side or not, I am looking forward to my embarking Coral Princess in Whittier on July 31st very much.

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Scrape along her port side or not, I am looking forward to my embarking Coral Princess in Whittier on July 31st very much.

Scrape or Scrap be damned!!! I’ll be on her June 12th and it can’t get here fast enough!!!!