Argostoli beaches

cloud_nine

Hi, we'll be on the NCL Star in August and we're looking at doing a beach day when we stop in Argostoli. Are there any beaches fairly near to the port that we can walk or take a taxi to? Preferably one we can rent loungers and umbrellas from. Thanks for the help!

Makris Gialos Beach

Within walking distance from the capital of Kefalonia lies the beach Makris Gialos (Long Beach).

NCL offers an excursion to this beach but it is cheaper by taking a taxi. It's 10 minutes by taxi or a car from the port.
As the name states, it is truely a very long and sandy beach with no rocks or pebbles.
The beach has a beach bar, restaurant and provides the opportunity for various water sport activities and lounge chair & umbrella renting.
As expected, Makris Gialos Beach is awarded each year with the blue flag of the National Tourist Organisation.

I hope I helped you! Have a nice cruise! 😎

Edited by SummmerInKefalonia

On 4/23/2019 at 9:26 AM, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Makris Gialos Beach

Within walking distance from the capital of Kefalonia lies the beach Makris Gialos (Long Beach).

NCL offers an excursion to this beach but it is cheaper by taking a taxi. It's 10 minutes by taxi or a car from the port.
As the name states, it is truely a very long and sandy beach with no rocks or pebbles.
The beach has a beach bar, restaurant and provides the opportunity for various water sport activities and lounge chair & umbrella renting.
As expected, Makris Gialos Beach is awarded each year with the blue flag of the National Tourist Organisation.

I hope I helped you! Have a nice cruise! 😎

How much does a taxi cost to this beach?  Would we just ask to go to Long Beach?  Do you know how much umbrella and lounger rentals are?  

Thank you for sharing your information.  

8 minutes ago, cloud_nine said:

I would assume you would ask to go to Makris Gialos Beach, since that's what it's called. Even if the pronunciation is not spot-on they'd probably understand that's where you want to go. 

Yes, I was concerned about pronunciation and summmerinkefalonia had referenced it above as Long Beach.

Yes you probably have to ask him to transfer you to Makris Gialos Beach (Long beach was the translation so you know in english what the name of the beach means in Greek). I think the price is around 6 euros to go and another 6 euros to return. 12-15 euros at the most for both ways but maybe it is cheaper. I'm not very sure. Also i think for umbrellas and lounger rental it is 12 euros for the premium ones and 8 euros for the regular ones.

Edited by SummmerInKefalonia

1 hour ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

Yes you probably have to ask him to transfer you to Makris Gialos Beach (Long beach was the translation so you know in english what the name of the beach means in Greek). I think the price is around 6 euros to go and another 6 euros to return. 12-15 euros at the most for both ways but maybe it is cheaper. I'm not very sure. Also i think for umbrellas and lounger rental it is 12 euros for the premium ones and 8 euros for the regular ones.

Thanks so much for your help!  That was just the information I was looking for.  Is the 6 euro per person?

Edited by MNcruisingcouple

No. I think it's for all the passengers but the price may be a higher. Don't take 6 as a definite price (I don't expect it to be higher than 10 cause the distance is too short). I checked on this site for the price for the taxi:

http://www.kefaloniataxiclub.gr/content.php?action=view&lang=english&id=20

Your transfer will be the Argostoli-Lassi one. Lassi is the area where the beach is located.