Celebrity MoveUp Offer Tracker - Please Do Not Post Questions Here!

hvbaskey

20 minutes ago, mjschutte said:

This thread has been much quieter than I would have expected with this busy cruise season in full swing. Is it just that no one is getting successful move ups?  Sailing this weekend, and haven't really seen hardly anyone posting accepted/rejected data...

Maybe more people are booking the cabins they want in the first place?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, islabahia said:

Not going to roll the dice on an upgrade.  We book the suite we want from the beginning.

Good for you and the previous responder. Some of us have budgets, and are willing to roll the dice if it saves my family a few bucks. If I don't move up, I'll still enjoy my cruise, thank you. Thank you anyway for your helpful response. Happy sailings.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, mjschutte said:

This thread has been much quieter than I would have expected with this busy cruise season in full swing. Is it just that no one is getting successful move ups?  Sailing this weekend, and haven't really seen hardly anyone posting accepted/rejected data...

I thought the same thing! My bid has been pending for 3 weeks now, I leave next Sunday so I’m just here not so patiently waiting haha 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mjschutte said:

I wonder is it that some of the cruises like mine end August are showing as sold out for most categories and therefore  maybe only cancellations allowing for successful bid ups. I’m watching this thread  too and am disappointed there is not much activity . I love to see levels of bids that are successful and unsuccessful. Maybe people are not bothering to post as too close to sailing when the get results. Anyway, as previous poster said, we’ll enjoy our cruise anyway!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, killarneylady said:

I wonder is it that some of the cruises like mine end August are showing as sold out for most categories and therefore  maybe only cancellations allowing for successful bid ups. I’m watching this thread  too and am disappointed there is not much activity . I love to see levels of bids that are successful and unsuccessful. Maybe people are not bothering to post as too close to sailing when the get results. Anyway, as previous poster said, we’ll enjoy our cruise anyway!

My cruise is July 28th (Beyond) and it has great availability for balcony (over 70 balconies left- and that’s not counting concierge or those who win successful bids from a balcony up). 

I am currently in an interior and holding out for my bid! 

We are on the 13 July sailing to Iceland on Silhouette. Not heard anything yet but it looks to be a full sailing so not expecting much.
I response to those who say you should book the cabin you want from the outset - I would assume most do, we certainly did. If a chance of a cheaper upgrade comes along then why not go for it? 

• Like 5

I’ve paid more for 10 nights in an inside on the Beyond than I did for 14 nights in a sunset verandah on Beyond in Feb. Which is ridiculous. Hence holding out for an upgrade. It would save me over £900 if I win the bid. 

Yes.  People are paying these high prices, so the move up bids that are available are very high.  I also booked the silhouette for January months ago and the price has gone up 20% for our sky suite.  Perhaps if you book inside cabins, you still get a "reasonable" rate.  

Booked Concierge for Silhouette Jul24 whilst onboard Summit in Feb & before we booked last minute Aqua in May. Didn’t know about Moveup until last month so trying for upgrade to Aqua. Next time will prob book Aqua, now our preference, and possibly bid for upgrade to a suite which IMO are dramatically overpriced.

Edited by killaypirate

On 7/1/2023 at 9:19 PM, Fawkes66 said:

CELEBRITY MOVE UP TRACKER 

• Ship:  Apex
  • Length of Cruise: 12 days
  • Cruise Sail Date: July 7 2023
  • Date email offer received: June 26, 2023
  • Captain’s Club Tier: Classic
  • Booked through Celebrity Direct OR via TA: TA
  • Current Cabin: Edge Single Stateroom with Infinite Veranda #6221
  • Bid?  Yes/No: YES

If YES -  Bidding Details:

• Cabin Category: place winning category, if accepted (all category offers, can be mentioned in comments)
  • Bid Offer: see below
  • Notification Date: July 5 2023
  • All Rejected

General Comments (offer details, etc.) 
I booked last minute (June 23, 2023), so I guess that is a bit different from most bookings.
1 week before sailing Aqua class is sold out and all other categories are available.
July 1, 2023: all offers are pending, but can still be adjusted if I click on the modify/cancel button in the email

Offers bid:
AquaClass® Sky Suite / 
€1,005 EUR per guest / €2,010 EUR

AquaClass® Stateroom with Infinite Veranda / €250 EUR per guest / €500 EUR

Sunset Sky Suite / €780 EUR per guest / €1,560 EUR

Edge Villa / €1,835 EUR per guest / €3,670 EUR

Sky Suite / €780 EUR per guest / €1,560 EUR

Celebrity suite € 1375 per guest  / €2750

All bids rejected ;-(

On 4/3/2023 at 3:10 PM, CruiseKitten22 said:
  • Ship:  Edge
  • Length of Cruise:  7 Nights
  • Cruise Sail Date:  June 17, 2023
  • Date email offer received:  April 3, 2023
  • Captain’s Club Tier:  Select (will be Elite after this sailing)
  • Booked through Celebrity Direct OR via TA:  Celebrity Direct
  • Current Cabin:  Magic Carpet Sky Suite
  • Bid?  Yes

• Cabin Category: Edge Villa
  • Bid Offer: $1,310/person ($2,620 total)
  • Notification Date:  Pending
  • Accepted / Rejected:  Pending

Move up minimums

Iconic Suite               $10,000/person

Edge Villa                 $1,300/person (SHOCKED)

Penthouse                $3,500/person

Royal Suite               $3,500/person

Celebrity Suite          $2000/person

Aqua Class Sky Suit $300/person

Sunset Sky Suite      $500/person

We did some moving around for our bids... cancelled our Edge Villa and Aqua Sky Suite. Then when the bids went to 50% off we bid on the Celebrity Suite ($1000/person), Penthouse Suite (forgot our bid), and Royal Suite (forgot our bid). All of our bids went to expired except for the Celebrity Suite about 3 weeks before sailing. And they stayed like that for weeks. We ended up putting an offer in on a house and opened escrow a few days before sailing so we figured we should be responsible and cancel any "extra spending" so I contacted Celebrity stating I wanted to cancel our pending bid because it wasn't officially accepted yet and we hadn't been charged. They were able to cancel for us after a few minor issues. The woman told me the issues came up because our offer had been accepted but just not fully processed yet. We were still allowed to cancel the bid and were never charged but I was really sad knowing we got the upgrade and gave it up. Our ship was at full capacity so I had figured there was no chance we'd get it. Turns out I was wrong...

• Thanks 1

• Ship:  Eclipse
  • Length of Cruise: 7 Days
  • Cruise Sail Date: July 9 2023
  • Date email offer received: May 2023?
  • Captain’s Club Tier: Classic
  • Booked through Celebrity Direct OR via TA: Direct
  • Current Cabin: Royal Suite
  • Bid?  Yes/No: Yes

• Cabin Category: Penthouse
  • Bid Offer: $705 CAD/pp (Minimum bid)
  • Notification Date: N/A
  • Accepted / Rejected Still Pending

General Comments (offer details, etc.) Our bid has been pending for 3 weeks now, we sail in 3 days and keeping our fingers crossed but we are not expecting it to be accepted at this point. The minimum bid was raised yesterday by $200/pp so not sure if that means we are not getting it or it's an attempt to gain a higher bid.

On 5/8/2023 at 3:35 PM, dilbertsdaddy said:
  • Ship:  Celebrity Millennium
  • Length of Cruise: 7 days
  • Cruise Sail Date: July 21, 2023
  • Date email offer received: May 8, 2023
  • Captain’s Club Tier [“PREVIEW” = first Celebrity Cruise]: Kettle
  • Booked through Celebrity Direct OR via TA: TA
  • Current Cabin: Inside
  • Bid?  Yes/No: Yes $150 Ver, Ultra $300

• Cabin Category: OV, Veranda, Sunset Veranda, Ultra Deluxe, Concierge, Ultra Deluxe Concierge, Aqua
  • Bid Offer: OV: $100, Ver: $150, SV $250, Ultra $300, Con $250, Ultra con $300, Aqua $350  
  • Notification Date: pending
  • Accepted / Rejected: pending

Can't see how many verandas are available in the booking engine (I could before). 

After I posted this the minimum bids went down so I adjusted these two and added a couple more.  All my bids are low.

Sail in two weeks; ship is completely full and bids still show pending.  Is it normal for them to still be pending when there appears to be no chance? 

Edited by dilbertsdaddy
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, dilbertsdaddy said:

After I posted this the minimum bids went down so I adjusted these two and added a couple more.  All my bids are low.

Sail in two weeks; ship is completely full and bids still show pending.  Is it normal for them to still be pending when there appears to be no chance? 

Im interested to see how you get on too. My sailing not till Aug 26th and all my bids pending. Sailing shows only retreat available on booking site. Got cold feet and tried to get quote from Celebrity for upgrading officially but my TA told by Celeb agent that couldn’t be done after final payment . Fingers crossed and good luck to you . 

On 7/6/2023 at 6:09 AM, Alisha559 said:

• Ship:  Eclipse
  • Length of Cruise: 7 Days
  • Cruise Sail Date: July 9 2023
  • Date email offer received: May 2023?
  • Captain’s Club Tier: Classic
  • Current Cabin: Royal Suite
  • Bid?  Yes/No: Yes

• Cabin Category: Penthouse
  • Bid Offer: $705 CAD/pp (Minimum bid)
  • Notification Date: N/A
  • Accepted / Rejected Still Pending

General Comments (offer details, etc.) Our bid has been pending for 3 weeks now, we sail in 3 days and keeping our fingers crossed but we are not expecting it to be accepted at this point. The minimum bid was raised yesterday by $200/pp so not sure if that means we are not getting it or it's an attempt to gain a higher bid.

We got our hopes up as it turned to locked pending for the whole day and then yesterday evening we received the rejected email. We are still looking forward to the Royal Suite, but it was worth a shot!

Edited by Alisha559
Typo
  • Like 1

On 7/7/2023 at 5:34 AM, killarneylady said:

Im interested to see how you get on too. My sailing not till Aug 26th and all my bids pending. Sailing shows only retreat available on booking site. Got cold feet and tried to get quote from Celebrity for upgrading officially but my TA told by Celeb agent that couldn’t be done after final payment . Fingers crossed and good luck to you . 

Last week I upgraded to a suite guarantee from a infinite veranda long after final payment. Agents are all in Mexico and Manilla now, I asked, when my TA got an agent that said it couldn't be done, it was because she didn't know how. My travel agent told the Celebrity agent not to touch the booking, hung up and got another agent. The second one knew how to do it. We paid the difference and now are in a suite guarantee for our Aug 19th sailing. We didn't want to be denied the perks of Premium drinks, wifi, tips ect by doing move up. Think about it, why wouldn't they want more money from you!

• Thanks 1

On 7/8/2023 at 7:39 PM, Tricia28 said:

Last week I upgraded to a suite guarantee from a infinite veranda long after final payment. Agents are all in Mexico and Manilla now, I asked, when my TA got an agent that said it couldn't be done, it was because she didn't know how. My travel agent told the Celebrity agent not to touch the booking, hung up and got another agent. The second one knew how to do it. We paid the difference and now are in a suite guarantee for our Aug 19th sailing. We didn't want to be denied the perks of Premium drinks, wifi, tips ect by doing move up. Think about it, why wouldn't they want more money from you!

Do you know if Celebrity will talk to me directly now that final payment has been made?  My TA inclined to accept Celebrities word and give up on this. 

On 7/9/2023 at 1:50 PM, killarneylady said:

Do you know if Celebrity will talk to me directly now that final payment has been made?  My TA inclined to accept Celebrities word and give up on this. 

I believe your TA has to do it and they should! Tell them to ask for an experienced agent. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Ship:  Apex
  • Length of Cruise: 12 days
  • Cruise Sail Date: July 19 2023
  • Date email offer received: May 2023
  • Captain’s Club Tier: Select
  • Current Cabin: Porthole Stateroom  #8118
  • Bid?  Yes/No: YES

• Cabin Category: place winning category, if accepted (all category offers, can be mentioned in comments)
  • Bid Offer: Aqua stateroom $400pp CAD

Sky suite $1250pp CAD

• Notification Date: July 11 2023
  • Accepted aqua stateroom; rejected sky suite (June 2023)
  • Thanks 1

On 6/1/2023 at 11:06 AM, CruiseKitten22 said:

Can confirm that the big warehouse store does not participate in the move up bid process. I tried last year. The email back from Celebrity said that they do not participate in the move up program "at this time" so maybe there is hope for the future? I got that reply in May of 2022.

If we made reservation through a TA or company, do they have to put in our move up bid?  We used what i believe you are calling big warehouse.  ie CC

1 hour ago, goldenaspen said:

If we made reservation through a TA or company, do they have to put in our move up bid?  We used what i believe you are calling big warehouse.  ie CC

No.  You do yourself.  However if you book via a non participating TA- like the "big Box" store, you aren't eligible for any move up.  The down side of dealing with them.  However, some people like the credits they get from the big box stores.  a choice.

Silhouette Jul24 out of Southampton. Was bidding on Aqua suite & Aqua room. Virtually sold out. Looking @ dummy booking 5 x Aqua suites sold today & 3 x Aqua became available plus some verandahs. Looks like Moveup process started. Oh well never mind still looking forward to our Concierge Room